lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #51
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid clicks, no go

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowilliams View Post
What does the water do?
It would cause the problem you looking at with the meter if there is a connector or skinned place on the insulation in water or a damp area. Corrosion sets up because of voltage, copper and water. A sort of electrolysis sets up and usually forms a green looking corrosion. This begins to form a leakage path for electricity and that is what we are looking for with the meter. The resistance you are measuring is caused by leakage you are seeing and it will start drawing current and cause the voltage to drop just like the ITS does. That is most likely what caused the controller to detect High Throttle Overange condition. That is my theory and I am sticking to it.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #52
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
It would cause the problem you looking at with the meter if there is a connector or skinned place on the insulation in water or a damp area. Corrosion sets up because of voltage, copper and water. A sort of electrolysis sets up and usually forms a green looking corrosion. This begins to form a leakage path for electricity and that is what we are looking for with the meter. The resistance you are measuring is caused by leakage you are seeing and it will start drawing current and cause the voltage to drop just like the ITS does. That is most likely what caused the controller to detect High Throttle Overange condition. That is my theory and I am sticking to it.
Got it! I believe you were right all along. I had cut the plug off and connected the wires with butt end connectors then tucked them into the plastic conduit and wrapped that section in electrical tape which happened to be at a low point. So.. of course that is where water gathered. Simply took them out, dried them a little and no more resistance on the wires. This time I'll put all connections in shrink wrap and no more tape, just wire ties so moisture can escape.

Thanks for all the help! I'll keep you posted when I get the controller back in as to the end result. Oh, and now that I am an "expert" with DVM I can do anything
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:48 PM   #53
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Bravo Gentlemen! I'm impressed with your stick to it until it's done attitude! Cold refreshments all around
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #54
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Bravo Gentlemen! I'm impressed with your stick to it until it's done attitude! Cold refreshments all around
I'm having one or several right now!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #55
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Got controller back in and repositioned to make it easier to access. Ran all new wires from the ITS to the controller and she is back in business. Thanks again for all the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (192.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-03-2014, 08:40 AM   #56
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowilliams View Post
Got controller back in and repositioned to make it easier to access. Ran all new wires from the ITS to the controller and she is back in business. Thanks again for all the help.
Wrong photo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Controller.JPG (447.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #57
mooneyes
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

just read your thread cause I'm having pretty much the same problem got a lot of great information so I guess it's time to check my connerctors
mooneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO