lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2014, 05:35 PM   #11
hubba
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: e-z-go marathon help

Yes rib33024
that's it do I take it off and dry it out are just lit it dry on its on?
hubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Don't take anything off.... those things dont like water and they wont work if you get them wet enough but if the cover was on it would be hard to get it wet enough to totally quit. Unless you hosed

I suspect a wet micro switch initially, check the single one (not double one) at the F&R first with a meter or pull one wire off - hold it to the other terminal and see if the wheels spin... with the cart jacked up off the floor of course.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #13
hubba
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Will there isn't a cover didn't have one when got it and yes I hosed it party good. So now what do I do? Can I take it apart and clean it are is it just toast?
Old 08-16-2014, 03:46 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You can just let it dry, or hit it with a leaf blower or blower hose on a shop vac. That "may" speed things up, assuming air can get to it enough to do some good. Tap water contains chlorine, which isn't particularly good, but at 2 parts per million, I wouldn't sweat it. Tap and well water can contain sulfur compounds, calcium, magnesium, and fluoride, among other things. Again, in the normal TDS and TSS concentrations, probably nothing to worry about for occasional exposure. Drying will guarantee the mineral deposits stay put. Displacing as much water as possible with a blower minimizes the deposits.

Also, in some coastal regions (at least in the southeast), I've see deep wells for indoor use and shallow wells for outdoor use. The shallow wells are generally slightly brackish.

Mine does the same every time I wash it. I generally just let it dry in the sun, and it sometimes shutters going back into the garage. I always wash it where I can push it if necessary. I have and ITS and if you have a pot, it may take a little longer, depending on where the water went. Still should dry and be just fine.

I would be careful in the future, especially if you're using soap, or baking soda for batteries. I try not to get soap in my ITS MS or baking soda on the FNR, and 4 connector Molex plug, but they always seem to get wet anyway. My FNR has an environmental cover, which protects it from running water, as long as you aren't spraying, then all bets are off. I've moved everything else, so they don't generally get wet.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #15
hubba
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok yurtle

It has been two days now. Im starting to wondering if two pieces have stuck together. Are can that even happen?
Old 08-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #16
hubba
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Angry Re: e-z-go marathon help

I have taken the potentiometer off and no water in it at all it does meter out at 0 to 6 not 0 to 5. Put it back on and now when putting battery cable's back on it sparks bad. So I pulled all wires off. Started wiring it back one by one have all wires on but solenoid wire and it's the one that is sparking. Yesterday I noticed that the. I'm going to call it a diode between the two post on the control module one of the wires was broke so I soldered it back on but same thing.

Please help!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #17
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Make sure the micro switch in the pedal box is working and properly adjusted. It should be open when the pedal is at rest and close when the pedal is pressed. I had a similar problem with my old series cart where the switch cam was bent and staying closed all the time. The solenoid would click when the cart was switched on and would haul a$$ without pressing the pedal because of corrosion and leakage in the ITS cable connector caused by water. If the solenoid clicks when you switch the cart on that may be part of the problem.

Opps.. I see the Marathon don't have a ITS. Sorry about the confusion. But the controller don't care if it is the pot or corrosion leakage across the white and black wires to the controller it will move and the pedal switch needs inspecting.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:37 PM   #18
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
delete
something weried going on with my computer and this site. It froze up when posting reply and had to start over. I restarted computer and ok now. I can't figure out how to delete a reply.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #19
hubba
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks radioman

I will look in to that. For now i can't look in to anything if i can get the solenoid wire hooked up.

It's about time to get a lighter and some gas... LOL

Tags
e-z-go marathon help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO