lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
murray12205
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 99 txt dcs will not run

when turn key on I can hear the solenoid click and when I push the pedal I can hear the micro switch engaging but still getting nothing any help is my solenoid bad or could my controller be bad
murray12205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
Rosproline157
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 txt dcs will not run

Bypass your reed switch and see what happens.
Rosproline157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
murray12205
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

how do I do that im new to the golf cart world
Old 08-18-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray12205 View Post
when turn key on I can hear the solenoid click and when I push the pedal I can hear the micro switch engaging but still getting nothing any help is my solenoid bad or could my controller be bad
You need to get a voltmeter and get familiar with it and the 10 pin connector on top of the controller and get prepared to make some voltage measurements. Then some of us will try to help you get started troubleshooting. Secure the cart from unexpected movement by putting rear wheels on jack stands. The solenoid should not activate as soon as you turn the key on. It is possible the controller is bad but not necessarily. I don't think the reed switch is the problem. There is a small switch in the pedal box you are hearing click when you press the pedal and testing it will be one of the first voltage measurements we will make on the connector on top of the controller to see if it is working properly. Have you any experience working with these things?
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:36 PM   #5
murray12205
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yes when I put the volt meter on the small prongs of the solenoid I read 37 volts but when I put it on the bigger 2 I don't get any readings from it
Old 08-18-2014, 09:45 PM   #6
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
yes when I put the volt meter on the small prongs of the solenoid I read 37 volts but when I put it on the bigger 2 I don't get any readings from it
When checking voltages put the negative meter probe on the negative terminal of the battery bank (B-).
Old 08-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #7
murray12205
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I read a post on here to test the speed controller and the solenoid so I will give that a shot tomorrow and see what happens
Old 08-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #8
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You are measuring across the solenoid terminals. You measure 37 volts across the small terminals because it is energized and that is the coil. If you measured from Battery - you will measure 37 volts on one terminal and low or nothing on the other. The big terminals are the contacts and they are closed and you should measure 37 volts on both because it is energized.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:57 PM   #9
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I read a post on here to test the speed controller and the solenoid so I will give that a shot tomorrow and see what happens
That is what I am trying to help you do. I wont bother you any more. Need to be sure the pedal box micro switch is working. Look in the Stickies DCS troubleshooting and you will find a diagram of the DCS system.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO