lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #11
stang99x
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2008 TXT smell, shuts down, cools off starts again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoxrg22 View Post
all connections seem tight, don't see any burnt wiring or dirt dobbers nest
By all connections, I mean all of the battery posts, the wiring on the motor and controller and any other connections that could have worked their way loose over the years. You'd need to do that with a wrench or socket in order to confirm it, just jiggling the wires often misses small problems. If you smell a burning smell, then drive it briefly and open the seat and see if you can locate the source of the smell. Touching the wiring with your hands will reveal if the individual wires are hot, or just warm to the touch. Obviously, use some common sense when doing all this.....meaning don't continue driving if it starts burning or smoking, and don't grab something that would burn your hand. A picture of the battery bank and wiring would be helpful.

And Scotty I realize many people don't know what they have, and that it can be very difficult given a used cart may have been converted by the previous owner at some point......however given that he specifically called it a TXT one would assume that he gathered that intel directly from his cart or from some paperwork when purchased.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #12
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You need to sniff around to localize area the odor is coming from. Then follow suggestions in previous posts.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang99x View Post
By all connections, I mean all of the battery posts, the wiring on the motor and controller and any other connections that could have worked their way loose over the years. You'd need to do that with a wrench or socket in order to confirm it, just jiggling the wires often misses small problems. If you smell a burning smell, then drive it briefly and open the seat and see if you can locate the source of the smell. Touching the wiring with your hands will reveal if the individual wires are hot, or just warm to the touch. Obviously, use some common sense when doing all this.....meaning don't continue driving if it starts burning or smoking, and don't grab something that would burn your hand. A picture of the battery bank and wiring would be helpful.

And Scotty I realize many people don't know what they have, and that it can be very difficult given a used cart may have been converted by the previous owner at some point......however given that he specifically called it a TXT one would assume that he gathered that intel directly from his cart or from some paperwork when purchased.
People call me and tell me they have an Ezgo with a bad V glide. I'm just trying to determine what cart he is asking about - So which drive system is it?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #14
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
People call me and tell me they have an Ezgo with a bad V glide. I'm just trying to determine what cart he is asking about - So which drive system is it?
LOL Touche
Old 08-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #15
Motoxrg22
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

48 volt, txt, top speed upgrade by dealership 22mph
Motoxrg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #16
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoxrg22 View Post
48 volt, txt, top speed upgrade by dealership 22mph
Do you know how the speed upgrade was achieved? Was it the simple little wire jumper harness on the controller or did they program something or add an in-line modifier?

I know it seems like infinite questions, but in the time I've been fixing these carts I've seen infinite causes for the same problems. Any and all information related to the function of your particular cart can help cut down on the list of possible issues
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO