lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #1
bjacosta
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 97 EZGO TXT Stopped running.

Hello, I am new to the site and new to golf carts. I have a history with motorcycles but absolutely nothing to electric golf carts. Wife and I moved to Florida and around the town we live is a Golf Cart Friendly town.

Bought one because I wanted to join the crowd and has been not only fun but extremely useful moving tools (added a bed that converts to a rear seat), spraying chemicals around the property, etc.

Last Friday as I was spraying plant food around the garden, driving very slow and the car stop running. Switch was in on position, full charge but the car was not moving forward nor in reverse. I read in this forum, batteries are fully charged, cables seems to be good... went bought a new solenoid to replace the one installed. Car still wont go.

Any help telling me were to look and what to do... or you can point me to another post that may have the info that I am looking for.

Please keep in mind that I am new to this.

Thank You in advance.

Javier
bjacosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 EZGO TXT Stopped running.

Javier, we know you have a TXT and its a '97. but to send you in the right direction we need to know which drive system you have in your cart. look at the picture below and let us know, then we can go from there.

oh and btw......CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:37 PM   #3
bjacosta
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for responding...

I do have a forward and reverse level... not a switch... and when I was looking at the batteries, Trojan by the way, I saw the same board behind the switch that you can see in the SERIES. So I am going with Series...
Old 09-19-2014, 11:49 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

ok.....you have a series cart.

first question. with the key on.....and when you put it in F or R, when you push on the accelerator do you here the solenoid "CLICK" ?
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

AN electric motor produces 100% of it's torque at 1 rpm. This means that the power consumption is highest at low speed. This means that driving slow, particularly slower than you can walk, consumers lots of amperage which produces lots of heat in the motor, the F&R switch, and the controller.

It's likely the F&R or the control have failed.
Do you have a test meter ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #6
bjacosta
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes Sir Nuke, when I turn the switch to ON position I can hear the solenoid.

Also ScottyB, I have a meter.

Thanks a bunch guys...

My dad was telling me last Sunday to fix the darn thing... Truly to me the golf cart is a tool... for my mom and dad, they love to ride around the neighborhood...

Tags
ezgo, solenoid, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO