lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

Default looking to upgrade motor

I have a 2004 ez go txt series cart I have new batteries and an alltrax axe 500 amp controller I have 22' tires and is lifted with a back seat right now I did a gps test and it says im running like 17mph around the neighborhood . well I wanna go faster maybe 25is or so . what motor do I need . if anyone has any good use ones let me know thanks maybe we could work something out
paintdude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: looking to upgrade motor

My vote is the AMD 7126 Raptor......as you can see in my sig, my cart is close to yours, and I am running (per gps) 27 mph.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:18 PM   #3
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

I really would like to be running like 30is but I don't wanna add any batteries or have to buy a charger .
Old 10-08-2014, 12:22 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

well I gotta tell ya......I'm on 23's and a 6" lift.....and I gotta tell ya, 27 is plenty fast. at the top end, you REALLY don't want to swerve at anything or you can be on your side in a heartbeat. If I wanted a cart to go any faster, I would be building a STREET ONLY cruiser with 20's and have it lowered.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

well there is a couple of guys that has an ezgo running 36v jacked up and running a 500 axe controller and has for lift solenoid for the F&R switch and has the push button on the dash. one dude has a PDS cart with the red jumper wire. and another dude is running an 02 CC that has a 400amp axe controller with a high speed motor and he is the fastest right now but he lowered
Old 10-08-2014, 12:40 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

well with my set-up .....36V, 6" LIFT, 23" TIRES, ALLTRAX SPM-48500 Controller, HD F&R Switch, 400A SD Solenoid, 2 Ga. Cables, AMD 7126 "RAPTOR" Motor......when I make the jump to 48v (my next pack) I'll be in the 33-35 mph range.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

what r u going to do about a charger? what is the different between ur controller and mine. I have a 400a/1000amp solenoid stock f&r switch and wires . trying to make some side money to get the high speed motor and bigger wires
Old 10-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #8
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Contact DnD and get their speed torque motor. Me and the wife can cruise at 30 mph on 205/30-14's. When I had this setup in my big ezgo on 26's it would run 35mph on flat ground.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdude96 View Post
what r u going to do about a charger? what is the different between ur controller and mine. I have a 400a/1000amp solenoid stock f&r switch and wires . trying to make some side money to get the high speed motor and bigger wires
I assume you mean when I go to 48v.....and when I do, I will get ahold of scotty at carts unlimited (site sponsor) and buy a DPI 48v charger.

your controller is an AXE, mine is a SPM, both are programmable.....but the SPM is the current state of the art controller from ALLTRAX......the AXE has been around awhile.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #10
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

hello bokeasmowl my home state im from Fayetteville hope mills . ill give them a call later on
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO