lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #1
hmcnav
Not Yet Wild

Default 48V Conversion Complete !!!!

I finished my 48V conversion this weekend took it up/down driveway to ensure all was working then charged it up. I have taken on simple runs to drain battery to 75% for total of 6 times so far and today was first time I put speedo on it as I know it takes time. With windscreen down, I maxed out at 35.2 but was averaging 33-34 mph. Great improvement from the original 16 mph I was running when I bought the cart a month ago.

So with 33" tires/lift , new 48V Trojans T890's , new cables all around, and Altrax 400 controller - is 35 mph what I should be getting? I already checked brakes for catching/rubbing and made sure all tires were fully inflated before run.

Either way, it has so much torque. I love it. Now to add turn signals, recover seats and get an extended roof.
hmcnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 48V Conversion Complete !!!!

Did you mean to say 23 inch tires?
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:15 PM   #3
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When I mentioned that my 96 stock sepex motor was doing almost 32mph Johnnie B mentioned that my motor was close to 7000 rpm and might grenade if I pushed it much more
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #4
chriskent85
Gone Wild

there is no way that it can go that fast with the upgrades yiou have listed with stock motor, I have a series cart with 48V and 400 amp controller with reversing contactor and it will only get about 20MPH on 23" tires
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:19 AM   #5
chriskent85
Gone Wild

I read the last post and assumes that it is a series cart.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
I read the last post and assumes that it is a series cart.
I don't think it's a series drive cart. And I think the tires are 33 inches tall.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #7
chriskent85
Gone Wild

33" tire even with a 400amp controller i thing is way to big.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I don't think it's a series drive cart. And I think the tires are 33 inches tall.
I checked his other posts and found this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ore-speed.html

Based on that thread, he has a 2002 PDS, DCX400 controller, 48V battery pack, stock motor and 23" tires.

But it sure would be nice if he fully identified what he is running in this post.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
When I mentioned that my 96 stock sepex motor was doing almost 32mph Johnnie B mentioned that my motor was close to 7000 rpm and might grenade if I pushed it much more
Your tire height is roughly 20.5" (you need to measure them to be sure, the numbers on the sidewall are very, very approximate)
If they are in fact 20.5" tall, at 32MPH, your motor is spinning 6,527 RPM, which is reasonably safe, but don't go downhill with your accelerator pedal on the floor and then lift your foot at the bottom of the hill. (That is what I did )

It wasn't RPM alone that exploded my stock PDS motor, it was a combination of RPM, Heat and Regen Barking.

My stock PDS motor was spinning over 8,000 RPM, the motor case temperature was over 210°F and the armature came apart when the Regen Barking kicked in.

The motor I'm running mow might be able to handle that situation, but I'm not going to try it.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
there is no way that it can go that fast with the upgrades yiou have listed with stock motor, I have a series cart with 48V and 400 amp controller with reversing contactor and it will only get about 20MPH on 23" tires
Your motor is only spinning 3,636 RPM at 20 MPH on 23" tires, so something is holding your top speed down.

You've got a reversing contactor, and hopefully 4Ga cables throughout, so my guess is that you have low pressure type tires.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO