lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2015, 07:15 AM   #1
DirtFan
Not Yet Wild

Default Flush fuel tank G9

Need to flush out all the junk out of the tank from my G9, is there a small panel underneath the cart that I can remove and than remove the fuel filter to flush it out?
DirtFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2015, 10:05 AM   #2
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Default Re: Flush fuel tank G9

I would take it out. Remove the intank filter and put an in-line filter in. Wash it out with dish soap.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:02 PM   #3
DirtFan
Not Yet Wild

Drained and pulled the tank, man there was alot of crap in there, rinsed out the tank and than used some carb cleaner and let it sit in the sun for an hour, installed new filter and put the tank back in, went to the gas station and put new fuel in the cart and took it for a ride, yes it did make a difference but when I got home it was leaking at the filter, tightened the filter and went for another ride, now the darn thing is really leaking, draining tank again and will wait until tomorrow to continue on it, I did have it painted and yes it does look pretty darn good, is it true that the bodies on a g-9 shouldn't be painted?
Old 04-11-2015, 06:09 PM   #4
DirtFan
Not Yet Wild

Yeah pretty dirty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuel.jpg (39.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-11-2015, 06:48 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

There is a oring thing on the filter. I bought a new one and it didn't have it, so I never put it in. The stock filter is huge and mine was clean so I put it back in.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:03 PM   #6
DirtFan
Not Yet Wild

Yes I was looking at the old filter and noticed the o-ring but didn't recall the new one having one so that's what i'll look for in the morning, thanks
Old 04-13-2015, 07:24 PM   #7
DirtFan
Not Yet Wild

Sho305, used the oring from original filter and no leaks, thanks for the heads up
Old 04-13-2015, 08:38 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Good deal, mine seemed to be glued or something I should change it though or cut it off. I have an inline filter on it also so I could chop the original off but then dirt could get to the pump.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha