lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2015, 09:28 PM   #1
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Loud yamaha.

OK so I'm coming from an electric but my buddies have some gas ezgo and I have a few honda 4 wheelers. But I got this g21a and OMG ITS LOUD. I figured it would be a bit it this is bad. I checked the exhaust and all loos good no holes and the what not. But is there any aftermarket mufflers that may quite this down a bit. Not looking for silent. But hoping not to wake the neighborhood up when I go for a ride??
Cdebo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2015, 01:30 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Loud yamaha.

Take muffler off, and check it again, its likely broken somewhere you cant see while its on the motor. They are not loud. Also bad clutch problems are a big noise.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:23 AM   #3
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I will remove and check and I have a new clutch coming in so I will be replacing that soon.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:51 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yami are quiet you can barely hear them run unless its quiet area. Is it exhaust noise or just a rattling or metallic noise? The exhaust leak will get loud when you gas it, the clutch will make noise most of the time you are moving.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:13 AM   #5
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Sounds like exhaust to me. Pretty loud through the range but i am replacing clutch / belts / cables this week and will run again. Possibly when i get it apart i will remove exhaust and thoroughly check....
Old 04-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #6
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

I would check your secondary clutch bushing. I had one that sounded like there was something lose in the engine and it was the sliding sheave.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha