lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2015, 05:48 AM   #11
patrickl
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G9 Ignition Timing

Thanks Sho305. I have already checked the engine tensioner. It had been disconnected about 12 months ago as part of engine removal and not reconnected when the engine was re-installed. The belt is no longer squealing and slipping. I will check the drive belt dimensions and CVT the next time the cart is available. The cart had a good work out today. The cart carried two big men around 18 holes with some steep hills without any problems. The owner remarked it was like having a new cart - good news. So, what have I done. I have replaced a cracked/broken carb to cylinder insulator, re-attached the engine tensioner, replaced the spark plug, cleaned the carburettor, checked float level, checked fuel pump operation, checked/adjusted valve clearances, checked air box and checked ignition timing. The ignition advance is not as per the service manual but I will wait until I have the opportunity to try a known good ignitor to see if there is any significant improvement in performance. Thanks for your help. Pat
patrickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2015, 09:04 PM   #12
patrickl
Not Yet Wild

The cart has been running now for a few weeks. Occasionally - maybe once per two outings the cart will not start after stopping to play a golf shot. The cart will crank over but does not fire. After a couple of retries the cart will start but run poorly for a few seconds before returning to normal. I have been lucky to find another G9 and yesterday I fitted the ignitor from it. I checked the timing and can see that the timing is advancing with RPM as it should - the original is just stuck at full advance. I gave the cart a long extensive work out yesterday with no problems. The owner used the cart this morning with no problems and will do so again tomorrow. So, if we do decide to replace the ignitor where can I purchase one - they are extremely expensive here in Australia? I see a site called ultimategolfcarts.com. Are they OK to deal with?
Thanks, Pat
Old 06-30-2015, 08:53 AM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ignitor is crazy-high price everywhere.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:09 AM   #14
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

i have a few used ones that came out of running carts if you need one. $60 and i will pay for shipping.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #15
patrickl
Not Yet Wild

G1-G9. That sounds like a reasonable offer. I will talk to the owner today after our trial finishes. How would I pay you? PayPal? Thanks, Pat
Old 06-30-2015, 07:29 PM   #16
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Yes PayPal works great for me.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:54 PM   #17
patrickl
Not Yet Wild

The cart was used extensively for 3 days with the borrowed ignitor. The cart ran as it should during this period so the owner has decided to purchase a new unit. The replacement should arrive in a couple of days. Pat
Old 07-15-2015, 05:49 PM   #18
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Sounds like its figured out, good deal!
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha