lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #11
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 exhaust exstention

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEdition View Post
Here is an update on the exhaust extension I made and installed. This summer I noticed that the exhaust noise seemed to get louder and I also notice a new rattling noise. As it turned out with the extra weight and length of the new extension, the output pipe on the muffler began to crack under the vibration stresses. Luckily I noticed it before it fell off and lost it. The cart was at the Gulf Coast so I removed it and brought it home for some repairs. I was able to reattach it in the original location and mig- weld it back on. I also added a gusset for added support. A member inquired if I would make him one, but I informed him that I still wasn’t satisfied with the performance of this design. I believe cgtech has one that goes out the back and I wanted to see if I could make one that goes out just behind and to the outside of the rear wheel. We are still getting some exhaust in the cab area with the one in front of the rear wheel. I still haven’t had a chance to get back to work on the cart, but when I do I will post the results. Good Luck.
Robert
Yea, I had thought about the possibility of the extra weight and leverage of the extension,combined with vibration leading to fatigue cracking. I may fashion some sort of support for mine to hopefully minimize the risk.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2016, 04:32 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I use hose clamps to secure it to the engine/suspension cradle out the back. No weight is supported by the muffler or its pipe. Guess I will have to snap a pic to show it next time I do one.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:38 PM   #13
buchrob
Not Yet Wild

Had a pipe welded to the original outlet under the driver's seat leading out back. Big help.

Install weatherstripping to seal around the body/seat joint. Some of the fumes come from muck around the fuel filler, tank, carb etc. so you have to eliminate those as well.
buchrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:55 AM   #14
Hang10er
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Does adding the exhaust extension alter the sound at all? I really like how quiet my 16 G29 is....but I would like to get the fumes out from under the seat.
Hang10er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:24 PM   #15
buchrob
Not Yet Wild

May be a touch quieter. Sound moved slightly towards the rear of the vehicle. Also added some rubber foam weatherstripping around the rim of the seat to increase air-tightness.
buchrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha