lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #1
bradensing
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 Gas Yamaha G22 Issues going

Good afternoon, I recently purchased a 2005 Yamaha Gas G22 for my daughters and to help do some jobs around the house. Been loving it, but the other day my wife came in and says it will barely move. It will go about 1 mph (think the starter is gently/slowly moving it). It will not fire, just the starter will go when gas is applied. I thought I may have a fouled plug so I changed that, no change to situation. Also I checked my air filters, everything looked great. When I press the gas pedal it does move in back and the fuel filter looks to be about 1/4 full with gas. Any ideas or help on what I should do or a link to a video would be much appreciated! Not an auto tech but can move a wrench
bradensing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2015, 03:04 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2005 Gas Yamaha G22 Issues going

Check for throttle movement at carb when pedal pressed (can barely be seen with airbox in place), good, check, bad, "new throttle cable". Spray a small amount of ether/brake cleaner/carb cleaner into carb, crank it to see if it briefly starts, if it starts, "no fuel is being delivered", no start, proceed to spark check. Put removed spark plug against engine & watch for spark, good, check, no, unplug blue & black wires at front base of engine, still no spark "bad tci". If everything so far has not started your engine, do a compression check & report back.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Since you just bought it I'm willing to bet the carb is dirty and needs cleaning . Ethanol probably has plugged the carb.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:14 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Now that's GOOD advice guy's
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha