lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2015, 11:10 AM   #1
Mo Par
Not Yet Wild

Default G14 3" lift

My dad has a 95 G14. He'd like to get a little more ground clearance, maybe a 3 or 4 inch lift while still being able to get in and out of it easily. I've seen the economy lift kits, it looks like all they do is raise the body off the frame. Suggestions please.

Thanx

John
Mo Par is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2015, 12:43 PM   #2
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

Default Re: G14 3" lift

Not really. All kits that I've seen lift the frame. It's just the 3-4" lift is a simple plate lift. It basically separates the front a arms from the frame with steel plates essentially raising the cart, at the same time lowering the top shock mounts on the front.

The rear assembly simply lowers the top shock mount which basically raises the cart up. The rear swingarm ends up being on a slightly steeper angle.

The 6" kits come with new a arms that connect to the frame but drop the hubs 6" and the rear is the same style lift as the 3-4" kit...except it's lowers the top shock mounts 6" to maintain the correct lift height.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:35 PM   #3
Mo Par
Not Yet Wild

He doesn't want much lift. I don't suppose 10 inch wheels will it in the wells without lifting?

John
Old 10-27-2015, 03:06 PM   #4
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

10" wheels will fit fine. It really all depends what size tire. 20" tires will fit fine but 22" tires will most likely rub without a lift.

I'm pretty sure 20" tires will fit without modification but I've never personally experienced it.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:19 PM   #5
Mo Par
Not Yet Wild

Thanx for all the replies, now I've got something to go on.

John
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha