lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2016, 10:54 AM   #1
Profms
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G1 stopped moving

Drove my G1 to a friends, stopped for a bit then got back on to leave and cart would not move. Engine ran fine, clutches were moving but wheels would not go. It was very easy to push home. No idea what happened. Was told the rear end was shot. Parked it on my trailer for a week with a slight incline. Turned key on, pushed in pedal and the cart moved. Unloaded it and drove it around the block a few times. Does anybody have any idea of what might be going on with this thing? I almost sold it for parts.
Profms is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2016, 11:40 AM   #2
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 stopped moving

when you push the cart does the secondary clutch spin? Also, have you checked the belt? Once they wear out they don't grab like they used to.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:21 PM   #3
Profms
Not Yet Wild

I will have to check the secondary clutch. Are you asking if it move now when i push the cart or when I pushed the cart after the cart quit moving? The belt looks good but if it was bad, why would it all of a sudden start to grab again after it sat for a week?

Does the yamaha lube from the oil tank circulate in the rear end at all?
Old 06-21-2016, 02:41 PM   #4
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profms View Post
I will have to check the secondary clutch. Are you asking if it move now when i push the cart or when I pushed the cart after the cart quit moving? The belt looks good but if it was bad, why would it all of a sudden start to grab again after it sat for a week?

Does the yamaha lube from the oil tank circulate in the rear end at all?
Did you notice or hear it moving when you pushed the cart home was what I meant to ask. If the secondary wasn't moving it would most likely be a rear end problem like a ring gear or input shaft. The reason I asked about the belt is because rubber weakens over time and allows the belt to stretch a small amount when hot. It will spin the tires when they're lifted off the ground but may be slipping under load.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #5
Profms
Not Yet Wild

I didn't notice or hear anything with the clutch when I pushed it home. It did roll very easy though.

I will definitely check the belt better.

Would a ring gear or input shaft work sporadically if they were broke?

I still don't understand why it stopped moving, then took off after it sat for a week
Old 06-21-2016, 04:03 PM   #6
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profms View Post
I didn't notice or hear anything with the clutch when I pushed it home. It did roll very easy though.

I will definitely check the belt better.

Would a ring gear or input shaft work sporadically if they were broke?

I still don't understand why it stopped moving, then took off after it sat for a week
That's definitely a tough one to diagnose. A broken input shaft or ring gear would not work sporadically. I would start looking at the belt and sheaves for wear and go from there.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:58 PM   #7
Profms
Not Yet Wild

Thanks a lot for your advice Molon Labe. I will start there.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:08 PM   #8
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Good luck and let me know if that's the problem or not. Make sure to measure the width of the belt too. It should be 1-1/8" to 1-3/16". If it's narrower than 1" the belt is shot.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha