lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2019, 09:00 PM   #21
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: AG02 DS Won't Shut Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
I’m always afraid of this but never had it happen. I’m just as lazy as the rest when it comes to jack stands! Glad you’re ok though...
Thank you Luke. it's on stands now. Gonna stay that way until I have time to get it all sorted out.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2019, 09:12 PM   #22
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Thank you Luke. it's on stands now. Gonna stay that way until I have time to get it all sorted out.

I think that’s a good idea!
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:20 PM   #23
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Of course I know about maintenance mode and should have done that. At least until I found out why it was not firing. I found a weak spring at the carb today not letting the motor "idle" down.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:23 PM   #24
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I’m tall and I don’t like to stoop over to work on stuff that’s down low to the ground, so majority of the time if I’m working on something on a cart I have a jack under the axle and lift it up about as high as it will go.

I have also found out before that if you mess around with enough wires, engines can start without a key in the ignition. Make sure it’s in neutral if you’re working on the ground.
Something that will DEFINITELY keep it from starting, is to remove the spark plug wire from the plug. If you’re ever in doubt, that’s the sure fire way. (Now that’s punny)
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:33 PM   #25
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
I’m tall and I don’t like to stoop over to work on stuff that’s down low to the ground, so majority of the time if I’m working on something on a cart I have a jack under the axle and lift it up about as high as it will go.

I have also found out before that if you mess around with enough wires, engines can start without a key in the ignition. Make sure it’s in neutral if you’re working on the ground.
Something that will DEFINITELY keep it from starting, is to remove the spark plug wire from the plug. If you’re ever in doubt, that’s the sure fire way. (Now that’s punny)

[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:33 PM   #26
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I'm with ya FT. I guess the thing that gave me the biggest case of the DA over this was having struggled so long to get fire, the last thing I expected was for it to fire and take off right away. It had been a little hard to start but I had put a new plug in it trying to get fire. Anybody who has had one of these things knows they usually take a few seconds of "turning over" and maybe a little choke the first start of the day.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:14 PM   #27
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Luke, speaking of.... when you're working on your new ggas toy make sure to use service mode. on the rear of the shifter theres a cam by the microswitches. Pull it out and spin it until it clicks back in. This will let it run in neutral. Once you're done and ready to drive, spin it back around or it wont run while it's in gear. No need for Jack stands

Also good to prank your brother since it wont run while in gear. He'll never figure out why it will run in neutral but wont run in forward or reverse to drive it
going to check to see if this is on my 99 when i get home thanks
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:18 PM   #28
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Ok getting frustrated. I know I have a kill switch issue but I'm trying to get the idle issue straight first. Yes I know these are not made to "idle" but that's the term I'll be using.

Cart has been running about half throttle or so. Won't idle down. I unhooked the pin to the linkage at carb with the tiny cotter key because throttle will not return as it should to throttle down. Without linkage not attached carb closes as it should and I can manually throttle it down to a very low RPM. I reasoned the return spring on carb was weak and added a small temporary spring with just enough tension to close carb to idle with linkage hooked up. After this, main throttle linkage will only go up to perhaps 1/4 throttle, so I am reasoning the spring on the carb is not weak.

So, I can idle it down and it won't run much above idle, or it will run 1/2 throttle to WOT.

I have worked on this for 2 evenings and it is driving me crazier than I already am. No stranger to these carts I have a gas Carryall and worked on many same/similar carts at a golf course. This one has me stumped as to what to do next.

Help.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:27 PM   #29
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Either the governor cable is hanging up, or the throttle cable from the cam to the governor arm is adjusted too tight and is pulling the governor arm.
Is there a zip tie or anything on the spring on the governor arm?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:48 PM   #30
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Thank you FT.

The governor cable is not hanging up. Not that I can tell, of course you can't see it but it works fine unhooked from the pin.

No zip tie.

Sorry I meant the spring is not hanging up and there is no zip tie.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car