lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2019, 11:21 PM   #11
Bluess02
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2018 CC Onward gas speed

Trying to get the clip around the plug wire on the Subaru in the precedent is my problem . Anyone got any help here.
Bluess02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2020, 09:46 PM   #12
GoBeau
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Can anyone share the exact steps to go through to increase the speed on my 2019 CC Onward - GAS model golf cart? All I want is about 23-24 MPH. If anyone has pictures and instructions that would be excellent. The easier it is to follow, the better including the proper steps to remove the floor mat without tearing it would be appreciated. The picture below I believe shows what needs to be adjusted, correct? Which way do you need to turn it to increase or decrease the speed? Will this affect the smoothness of the factory take-off? THANK YOU.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D5CA23B1-8084-4E20-B7FD-F45B7C759C92.jpg (158.8 KB, 0 views)
GoBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 05:34 PM   #13
Ijtssg
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeau View Post
Can anyone share the exact steps to go through to increase the speed on my 2019 CC Onward - GAS model golf cart? All I want is about 23-24 MPH. If anyone has pictures and instructions that would be excellent. The easier it is to follow, the better including the proper steps to remove the floor mat without tearing it would be appreciated. The picture below I believe shows what needs to be adjusted, correct? Which way do you need to turn it to increase or decrease the speed? Will this affect the smoothness of the factory take-off? THANK YOU.
I know it's an old thread but I have the same question about my gas '20 Onward. Any updates on this.

I really appreciate it.
Ijtssg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:30 PM   #14
charge2001
Not Yet Wild

Trying not to start a new thread, however I am interested in if precendent accrssories fit the onward? The dash? And others of course. Thx
charge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:50 AM   #15
A La Cart
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijtssg View Post
I know it's an old thread but I have the same question about my gas '20 Onward. Any updates on this.

I really appreciate it.
I will get out soon and snap some pictures of this, but in the meanwhile will try explaining what I did yesterday to my 2018 Onward gas cart. There are 4 screws that hold the floor mat down...so 2 on each side. They are that star screw head type. I was in there adjusting a few times and probably the simplest way was to remove the floor mat entirely if you don't want to just roll back part of the mat. After you remove those screws, gently pull the mat out from the sides under the trim pieces that the screws were holding down. then you can work it our from under the dash and under the seat.

Under the mat in the middle is a triangular piece of plastic with a push pin in the middle, remove the pin and there is the throttle cable. If you are in the cart facing forward, the throttle will be the cable on the right. Loosen the 11mm nuts and then you will want to do so such that the shorter end of the cable housing becomes shorter, which is taking up the slack they have. I left about half a centimeter of the short end if that makes sense. Test it out and see if that is enough speed for you. I got to about 25-26 mph with that adjustment alone.

I wanted a bit more, so went to the back panel under the back seat, and removed those 2 push pins. Inside there is the governor setup. There is a coiled spring which is where you can put the zip tie. It was hard for me to reach in there because the foot well of the back seat keeps you a distance away from easy access. I had to use two hands, one to hold the bottom of the spring, then other hand to wedge a small flat head screwdriver in the spring to open it up so I could insert the zip tie. I ended up tightening the zip tie as much as it would let me. Also, if this makes sense, I put opened the spring where it was wider, just below the narrow part of the spring as it was too tight to work with otherwise. '

Going to backtrack a bit here, when I was adjusting the cable, I first made the short end of the housing flush with the nut. After doing that and the governor adjustment, I ran it and was topping out at about 31 mph, however I was hitting the rev limiter so there was a surging effect once I hit that speed. That is when I readjusted the cable to be about half a centimeter or so out. That kept the rev limiter from kicking in, and I am getting a solid 30 mph now. I do not have a tach yet, but the engine does not feel like it is being overburdened with too high of rpms. Love the new speed. I think I was around 15 mph before this fix.
A La Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:10 PM   #16
Kakarot
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info just got me a club car being delivered sometime this week hope this gets me in the 30mph range
Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 07:55 AM   #17
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Club car actually makes a high speed throttle cable around $21 . Revolution carts has them on there webpage. With this cable and running 23" tires 30mph pretty easy. If you want more speed replace gears. Good Luck.....
FloridaCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:32 AM   #18
Kakarot
Not Yet Wild

It says on the website for subaru engine i am guessing it also works with the kohler?
Old 05-19-2020, 08:55 PM   #19
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
It says on the website for subaru engine i am guessing it also works with the kohler?
Probably not.... You could contact David Hicks at Revolution carts I'm sure he could answer that.
FloridaCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:24 PM   #20
Kakarot
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I’ll give them a call tomorrow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car