lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
soponies
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 lifted DS bouncing off rev limiter

Hey Guys picked up a new toy yesterday. 2000 club car DS lifted on 23x10.5-12 tires. On the flat road it gets 17 mph. With the zip tire mod anything over 19 and the rev limiter kicks in. Would you expect that or is there anything you would try. I noticed when I had someone put their hand on the peddle for me that the back rev spring (where the zip ties went) barely opens (spring stays compacted). Tried moving the line from the black box in (more threads outside of the box) and still kicked out at 19 mph. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0F9EA225-6F6A-4507-A5F2-44034A1EE027.jpg (211.6 KB, 0 views)
soponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2019, 09:42 AM   #2
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2000 lifted DS bouncing off rev limiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by soponies View Post
Hey Guys picked up a new toy yesterday. 2000 club car DS lifted on 23x10.5-12 tires. On the flat road it gets 17 mph. With the zip tire mod anything over 19 and the rev limiter kicks in. Would you expect that or is there anything you would try. I noticed when I had someone put their hand on the peddle for me that the back rev spring (where the zip ties went) barely opens (spring stays compacted). Tried moving the line from the black box in (more threads outside of the box) and still kicked out at 19 mph. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Are your clutches and drive belt good?

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:00 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 lifted DS bouncing off rev limiter

AS said, inspect the clutches for wear and proper operation. The sheaves (inside of the clutch where the belt goes) should be ruler flat. If they are wavy (known as dished out) then they are worn and need to be replaced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWqlfDZnmQ

The belt should rest at the very top of the rear clutch when not moving. And travel to the center of the rear clutch, while smoothly moving to the very top of the front clutch as you rev it in neutral (put it in service mode to rev it in neutral. There is a knob thing on the back of the forward/reverse lever by the microswitches, pull out and rotate it until it locks back into place and it will let you "drive" it in neutral).

OTherwise, it's a pretty fine line of adjustments trying to set the governor to where it will go as high as it can without hitting the rev limiter. They are 2 separate systems... the governor is based on speed/rotation of the rear end/transmission. The rev limiter is based on engine speed. You have to play with it to get them to both play nice together, and it takes some tinkering and driving to really fine tune it the best you can.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car