lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2020, 04:58 AM   #1
gmansc
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016 Precedent general questions

So after owning several electric carts I have been wanting to try a gas cart for a while. I picked up a 2016 gas Precedent with the Subaru engine and have a few questions. I put a 3.5 mad Jax kit on it with 20 inch tall tires. My question is about speed. I was only getting 14.5/15 mph. I did a little research and adjusted the throttle cable under the floor mat. It had a lot of slack. This brought me up to 19/20 mph. Is this normal for this setup? If I adjusted the cable too much I got several more mph but the cart was very jerky starting off like it was bumping the governor. I’m not looking for crazy speed but would like to cruise around 20 and top out low 20’s. Can this be done without doing the high speed gear swap? I have no experience with gas carts so not really sure what to expect.

Thanks
gmansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2020, 09:10 PM   #2
Buckeye9042
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2016 Precedent general questions

Look up club car precedent High speed Cable
Basically it’s changes the spring on throttle cable. I only changed the spring on throttle cable from the back access opening.
Buckeye9042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:37 PM   #3
Walnut777
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2016 Precedent general questions

Is the Club Car Xcelerator still a thing? Club car advertised it as getting 19mph. Taller tires add to it.
Gmansc you from South Carolina also?
Walnut777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car