lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
shermandez
Not Yet Wild

Default clutch spring upgrades

I am starting a performance build on my 99 gas ds. Is it possible to replace the spring with another similar spring other than the 30 to 60 $ spring. Maybe a valve spring of some type?
shermandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: clutch spring upgrades

i can,t answer that but i would say this whatever you do if its a non cart clutch spring keep in mind the effect it will have on the other clutch if any.........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
shermandez
Not Yet Wild

Thanks will keep that in mind shadowman, seems I have read of someone substituting a stronger spring.
shermandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #4
stinger5
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermandez View Post
Thanks will keep that in mind shadowman, seems I have read of someone substituting a stronger spring.
unless you can work out what the spring rate, coil thickness etc is that you require to beef up your clutch to operate correctly I would be wary. As tom said, clutch or belt damage might occur with the wrong setup. I imagine CPP did some experimentation before offering the torque spring to the public and either have them custom made or the standard coil re-tempered. Either way will inevitably cost more than the factory spring.
Plenty of folks are running the standard set up with engines producing way more hp and torque than the factory engine. These clutches are pretty stout !!
stinger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car