lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Jfcobra
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 rxv ?'s

I just picked up a lifted rxv from a dealer a week ago, and can't help tinkering with it. I did some adjustment on the throttle cable, and gps clocked speed at 28 mph. My problem is that I'm not sure how many Rpms are too many? I'm going to pick up a tach this week so at least I'll know where it's at. By the way, I never floated the valves or hit any kind of rev limiter- I was afraid to push that far. Any responses would be appreciated.
Jfcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Jfcobra
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2010 rxv ?'s

Any one have any experience with the Kawasaki engines?
Old 06-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
bedgemon
Not Yet Wild

I purchased some high speed gears for mine and they came in yesterday. Once I install them I'll let you know what gains I get. I don't have a lift or bigger tires so my results will probably be different. If you go to a high speed gear you may have an issue with torque on the bottom end because of the bigger tires. I hope to have them installed over the next week or so and I'll repost the results afterwards.
bedgemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
Jfcobra
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply, do you have any idea what the rpm limit for the Kawasaki engine is? I'm also curious how the high speed gears work out for you, with a lift kit and 22 inch tires I was able to squeak out 28 mph, but the motor was really wound up.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
bedgemon
Not Yet Wild

I can't remember what the rpm limit is for the 13hp Kaw. You should be fine if you are not hitting the rev limiter I would think. I opened up the governor on mine as much as I could without it hitting the rev limiter. I was told I would notice more backfiring once opening up the governer and that is true. My next step will be figuring out how to get rid of that issue! Unfortunately for me, I have 12" rims with a 205/30 series tire (very low profile) and I am only getting 20mph wide open right now. I am hoping the gears get me to where you are at or maybe even 30mph. If they don't I will go to a bigger tire. I can't lift it or put mud tires on mine because it barely fits in my toy hauler right now as it is.
I'm itching to put the gears in! Only place I've seen on the web to offer them is East Coast Golf cars. 290.00 plus tax if you live in Fl. If you don't it's 290.00 with free shipping. The RXV has been out since 2008 and my one and only regret about that model is that they offer very little in terms of upgrades for the gas model. It's been like pulling teeth to get anything for performance for it.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #6
Jfcobra
Not Yet Wild

That sounds pretty sweet, one thing I did was to put a zip tie through the spring on the throttle cable because I noticed that no matter how much slack I took out of the cable the spring would still open up and let the governer kick in even when the engine wasn't spinning very fast. This has dramatically increased throttle response and pedal feel altogether. Once I figure out how to post some pics with my phone I'll put em up
Old 06-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
bedgemon
Not Yet Wild

Sounds good. I'll try to take some as well during the change out of the gears.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
Jfcobra
Not Yet Wild

here is a picture of the zip tie around the throttle\governer spring. it limits the movement of the spring giving you full throttle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart.jpg (12.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #9
bedgemon
Not Yet Wild

After seeing that pic you posted i got under mine to zee if the zip tie was there. It was but it was loose so i tightened it. That held the governor open and I got an extra 2 mph out of it. My neighbor has the ezgo ST with the 13hp Kaw, lift kit, and 22" tires. I stopped by his house after doing mine and did the same to his. He went from 20mph to 26. Pretty wound up so it probably wouldn't be good to run it that hard for long but it was nice to have the extra power when needed.
I didnt get a chance to do the gears this weekend. I need the help of a friend that is a mechanic and he is tied up at the moment. Hopefully by Wed ill have them in.
Thanks for posting the pic! Every little bit helps.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #10
Jfcobra
Not Yet Wild

Awesome!, I'm glad it worked for you guys. Right now I'm checking into finding a stiffer spring so I can at least have a little governer left.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO