lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Finally got my 94 medalist

Okay, i finally brought home my '94 medalist. Body is in decent shape, has a small lift on it (it sits kind of high but it only has like 2 inch blocks on the front and I guess theyre called shackles(?) on the rear), and already has a nice/ solid flip/flop seat kit on it. The motor needs some work, hopefully just a couple small things and we'll be up and running.

I know a guy who is offering me a full replacement TXT body (front and rear) for a great price and I'll probably be swapping that sooner than later. I like the meal body as far as toughness but the plastic ones look really nice.

I'll use this thread as my "build thread" and try to update it as I go.

Picture is attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121020_162113.jpg (156.0 KB, 0 views)
SouthCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice cart! Looking forward to the build thread!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Finally got my 94 medalist

Thanks Fast! I havent done anything special yet... busy weekend. But i removed the roof because the previous owner used it to haul bags of concrete on it and it was bowed like crazy. even had some concrete residue left on it. I'll find a used one to put on it later.
I already know that I need to re-do the seats. the wood is rotted on pretty much all the seats. I'll get some new covers too.
My garage now has a marathon and a medalist piled in it. it isnt a very long garage so they are squeezed in there with little room to spare.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121021_184256.jpg (227.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay, so 5 months later and I was finally able to start working on this thing again. I was able to get the TXT body and was planning on painting it but the dark blue color that it has is actually pretty nice, so I think it'll stay.
It already has a lift kit on it but the previous owner welded some of the parts on instead of just bolting them. In theory this would be fine but in practice it didnt work out so well. Mostly because the person didnt do a very good job of welding. I'll try to post a better picture of the welds tomorrow. I think i'll invest in a drop axel lift later and just get rid of the weld job that way.

Until then here are a couple pics of it with most of the body removed. Also, a picture of the front end (notice the shocks are mounted differently at the bottom - whats up with that??) Annnnd a picture of the new body - well the front piece anyway.

More to come...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130406_185400.jpg (225.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20130406_185421.jpg (214.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20130406_090112.jpg (121.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

OH, and holy crap these have a lot of rivets holding them together!! Kind of a pain to remove them but I guess it'll be nice since I wont have a bunch of bolts to lose until I get it back together.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #6
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OMG I am having the same problem i actually finally got around to starting my ezgo build yesterday and the tear down has been hell with those rivets their almost everywhere and wherever they could find a place to put an unreachable bolt that would rust to the point no wrench will fit but you cant get a cutting wheel on it either. I've had yamaha's, club cars and now I finally get the carts I always wanted and within a day I am begining to seriously dislike it. only problem is i already bought everything for it.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

nobuckbuild: Yea, they are everywhere! and im not sure if it was my crappy drill bit set or just the crappy rivets but I'd say about 50% of them spun free before I could drill it out the whole way. it was still easier than the marathon I worked on. The marathon had nuts and bolt holding everything together and they matched your description of rusted and hard to get off.

i'll be working on it today trying to get the rest of the body panels off and clean 'er up. i suppose after all that I will work on pulling the motor. I also have a new dash piece (i guess its just a cover to go over the original) that I need to prime and paint. It was originally the woodgrain design and I'm not interested in that on this cart.

pics will be posted tonight if i can actually get some stuff done.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #8
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Got the rest of the body pieces removed today and that allowed me to really give it a thorough cleaning. I was also able to remove the motor. it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be once i found all the bolts that hold it in place. there were a few that were just completely hidden by gunk and dirt. Tomorrow I will be removing the fan shroud on the motor to do some exploring. Supposedly the issue with the noise (while running) is behind that fan shroud. we shall see...

Here is a couple pics: the cart with the motor out of it and the motor.

Okay, im not sure why my pictures are sideways/ upside down, so sorry about that. I would fix it if I could figure out how to do so.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130407_211633.jpg (243.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20130407_211650.jpg (165.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #9
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Got the shroud off and wow is it dirty under there. this picture is AFTER i tried to clean most of the gunk/ dirt oil / whatever else was packed in there.

Now i need to get the rest apart. What exactly is the process to remove the fan or whatever it is (I dont know what it is called)?it has 10mm bolts all the way around but it looks like they have little tabs preventing them from being removed. My next thought is to remove the massive bolt in the center but I dont have a socket that big and im not about to try with an adjustable wrench because mine are cheap and would probably strip it. Is that what needs to come out?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130408_233313.jpg (175.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #10
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

okay, pictures are still posting sideways. anyone know how to stop that?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO