lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #31
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 ezgo 2 cycle flooding out runs fine on top end

What kind of belt do you have sassy? Is it 44 1/2 inches? I'm thinking its the carb, the belt or clutches???? The guy I bought from which is a friend of mine told me he thought it was the carb I just want to make absolutely sure before I just start buying stuff where is the best place to get a carb and/or a belt?
Dmontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #32
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i only no i had the stock belt"you need a number off yours to tell" and the 1 inch shorter belt i have now will in no way let me push the cart at all unless i remove the belt,,or use the starter motor to move it.
mine sometimes wont go in reverse,like its a contact point thing or something,then if i go forward a few inches and shift into rev then it will catch..weird i no..
if your cart can be pushed w/out pressing the pedal id think it has a stock belt on it,,def not sure tho.
when you push start yours and drive it,it is running good the hole time?
and just wont start on its own from a dead stop?
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #33
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

14153-G is the # on the belt, I'm thinking its the stock belt, the engine will start from a stop but it will not move without a little push!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #34
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

ok I figured out that the low speed adjustment screw is supposed to be set 1 full turn out from lightly seated, the screw with the nut, it was set at 2 turns out! I turned it 1 out and tried it and it deffinatly seems to have helped, spinning the bald tires on it in wet grass..def better than trying to push with one leg lmao, then it got dark on us so me and the kids will mess with it more tmrw and see if it gets any better. gotta get this thing right so i can start upgrading..lol
Old 11-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #35
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

glad ya hopefully got it figured out..the kids are gonna want to drive it now lol..just got my daughter a car and she still wants to drive the cart all the time
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO