lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Default Gas EZGO Year?

I bought this cart this weekend and the individual I bought it from said it was a 1974. I looked online to try and identify the year and it said it was in the model number which should start with a letter and be followed by digits. From the images is this cart a 1978 or 1989?

Also, the cart runs and drives fine, but sometimes when it is put in reverse it doesn't move. I haven't checked into it yet, but the individual who owned it thought that if I sprayed some lubricant on the springs behind the F and R shifter that it would cure the issue. Any thoughts?

yler4cy is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gas EZGO Year?

appears to be an 86 or 89. I'd say 89.
frodrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
rugerm77
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

It's an 89 model
rugerm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #4
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Thanks for the insight. Any thoughts on the reverse and it not working all the time?
yler4cy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #5
mattisit
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am rebuilding an 88 marathon. Mine didn't start when I got it and the BGW guys walked me through getting it started. One of the maintenance items they had me do was to disconnect your battery and thoroughly clean out the FNR switch with a can of Contact Cleaner. I didn't think it was all that important until I did it and saw some junk pour out of the FNR switch. You should definitely start there as well as cleaning the the terminals on the back of the switch with a wire brush. I took each post off one at a time and cleaned each post with a wire brush on a Dremel tool. This is the easiest and cheapest way to start the detective work. Mine ended up being my microswitch was intermittent but I started here first. Have fun with it and feel the satisfaction of solving a problem.
mattisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #6
racin161
Gone Wild

Clean the F/R selector

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO