lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #11
Old Browny
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezygo 1983 Marathon

Many thank Parttime and Pachanga 90 I have been having a quick lok around the task of taking off the rear end to get a good go at the clutch etc Looks a bit of a job so I will be going back thru some old posts as you say . I didsay it is not tne best time of year but allright in the Den with the computer and the heater going Cheers
Old Browny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #12
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

the metallic noise you hear when its running could be anything but I have never heard a 2 stroke ezgo that was completely quiet, could just be the clutch when they get old they get pretty loud and when you come to a stop you hear the clutch pop out again.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #13
Old Browny
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
The engine is a 244cc. Robin/Fuji single-cylinder 2-stroke Model 2PG.Unless they have different models in different countries,I know Austrailia has a lot of "same but different" models of cars,motorcycles,etc...The "Clunk" may be inside of the Drive-Clutch(the one on the engine).They get worn,and awful noises are common.The first thing to do,is remove the oil-tank and pump assembly.They are well-known to fail,and engine damage is guaranteed.Unhook the hose from the oil-system to the manifold at the carburetor and plug it.Mix the oil with the gas at 100:1(1oz/gal.),I'm not sure of the metric-conversion.Hope this helps.
Hello Pachaga 90 Are you saying here that I should unhook the oill tan and pump assy as a precaution against it failling and convert to 2 stroke mix by adding the 2Stroke oil to the petrol .?????I can see that by bypassing the oil pump would ensure that in future the engine lubrication would be foolproof..with the modern additives etc in the oils available .it make one wonder just why they bothered to fit the oil pumps. . It is after all just something else to go wrong no mater how well thought out and designed. Many thanks once again Old Browny
Old 07-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #14
Old Browny
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddymankc View Post
the metallic noise you hear when its running could be anything but I have never heard a 2 stroke ezgo that was completely quiet, could just be the clutch when they get old they get pretty loud and when you come to a stop you hear the clutch pop out again.
Thank you Caddymanke for the input I will have to go back thru some of the posts on here to see if I can pick up some tips on removing the back half so I can get to the clutch. Cheers etc Old Browny
Old 07-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #15
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Definitely scrap the oil-injection.Just make sure the oil you use says 2-stroke Pre-Mix compatible.Alot of oils now are Oil-Injection only and won't mix with the fuel,causing engine damage.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #16
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

most ezgo 2 strokes that ive seen and worked on the oil injection worked fine, no sense in takin it out if it works.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:09 AM   #17
Old Browny
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Pachanga90 Have a message in here to send to you but keep getting a drop down which says I have the wrong name ? Can you help. Hope i can find the message to send as it took me a long time to write it Cheers Old Brown
Old 07-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #18
Old Browny
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

pachanga 90 Still cannot locate the message I want to send but these are the pics for that message Old Browny will look again later for the message which involves the next step to remove the bag well Old Brown
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010017.JPG (653.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1010018.JPG (654.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1010019.JPG (637.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1010020.JPG (655.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-16-2013, 03:40 AM   #19
Old Browny
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi pachanga90 Just sending you this quick reply as I cannot seem to proceed past [age 2 of our posts . I did see amessage from you re lowering the engine cradle so the engine clutch will have room to be removed but I cannot find that one at all now Cheers Old Browny
Old 07-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #20
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Old Brown, i just took a cutting disk and cut the two little welds. One on each side of the back btm. bar of the body. Then lifted the whole body off, as i plan on puttin some sort of bumper back on. Hope this helps.
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO