lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #21
Old Browny
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezygo 1983 Marathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTime View Post
Old Brown, i just took a cutting disk and cut the two little welds. One on each side of the back btm. bar of the body. Then lifted the whole body off, as i plan on puttin some sort of bumper back on. Hope this helps.
Partime Thanks for the tip. I had a message fro m pachangs where he suggested I lowered the engine cradle so the engine clutch would be able to be pulled off. .
I was on the verge of cutting out the back section butW hen when I had another look at the clutch I could see that I was about 2 inches higher the the bottom of the bag well and cutting out that section of the back wall will not help. I cannot seem to find that post from pachags now but will keep looking for it.. I do not want to have to get in there under the cart. so I may take the easy way and take the cart to an Ezygo service dealer and get them to pull off the clutch.
I would really love to fix this noiseso that I can drive it around the local golf cousre with getting nasty looks from other players when they hear me clonking along Cheers Old browny
Old Browny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #22
Old Browny
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddymankc View Post
most ezgo 2 strokes that ive seen and worked on the oil injection worked fine, no sense in takin it out if it works.
Caddymanke It comes down to you and pachanga on this . I had some experience in the motorcycle biz where the Auto lbe sytem as they called it could give trouble if the cable broke etc and it was pretty common to just put petroil mix in the tank and let it go at that.
. This cart of mine is 30 yrs old now and I know the oiling system has worked well for the last 12 years so I will leave it as it is for. As the old saying goes........If it aint broke,dont fixit. My main concern is seeing if this noisy engine clutch can be fixed Cheers Old Browny
Old 07-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #23
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The problem with the pump is if it fails,which is likely.You won't have any warning until it locks-up.They are a simple system,but very prone to fail.If you want to run it,do so.But most will agree to get rid of it.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #24
racin161
Gone Wild

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #25
Old Browny
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin161 View Post

LOU
racing Wild Sorry but I do not comprehend the remar as quoted.
Pachagas remarks on the possibilty and comequences of the oil pump failing do make good sense and I will give it some serious thought.
My first priority is to get the clutch offCheers Old Browny
Old 07-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #26
Old Browny
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
The problem with the pump is if it fails,which is likely.You won't have any warning until it locks-up.They are a simple system,but very prone to fail.If you want to run it,do so.But most will agree to get rid of it.Hope this helps.
Thanks again for some sound advice I will convert to petroil mixas I am well aware as to how much damage can occur in the event of the pump failing
Can you give me some advice here as tto checking up on the cost of a replacement clutch for the Marathon.Should I start a new thread to make enquiries Many thanksOld Browny
Old 07-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #27
Old Browny
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
Hi pachanga 90 Many thanks again for the comments. I have been without my compter now for 8 days so have been very quiet indeed,. I need to find the dimensions etc for the puller bolt to pull the clutch off the crankshaft for the 1983 Marathon.. Iam slowly going thru some of the older posts on here but if you could direct me to something I would be much obliged
I have since my last post in found a Servicing Dealer who may have the puller and if he has then I will take the cart to himto get him to take it off but if I can get a bolt locally it will save me nearly 5 hrs on the road Cheers
Old Browny
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO