lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
djjohnson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1970's Marathon

I am having trouble with my mid 70's ezgo cart. When i push down on the gas pedal i hear a click from the cut out switch, but the engine doesn't crank. When i touch the battery cable lug to the other port of the solenoid it spins like crazy. I'm for the most part mechaniclly inclined as i have fixed an array of other things in my garage.My guess is that it is some thing with the wiring, but i would appreciate someone else's view or tips on my situation. Thank you.
djjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1970's Marathon

Hey, and welcome dj. What yr. is your cart 70? If you look at threads posted from mb523 he had put wiring diag. for 70s model ezgos. Anyways gl. and add some pics might help.
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
djjohnson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Exclamation Re: 1970's Marathon

Does anyone know how to tell the year of my golfcart i've been trying to find the wiring diagram but no luck it pre-76 so its difficult to determine the year any help would be greatly appriciated.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #4
mattisit
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had the exact same problem with my 88. I heard a click on my switch and assumed it was okay. They get gummed up over the years. You will want to check it for continuity and see if it is actually opening and closing. If it's not working use some contact cleaner or get a new one.
mattisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
djjohnson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks matt for the suggestion i will try when i get a chance
Old 07-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
djjohnson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

When i took off the switch it was broken on the side and it didnt carry a current when pushed or not. So i will pick up a new one here sometime and see if she will try to turn over

Tags
ezgo, gas golf cart, marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO