lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
deaconman
Not Yet Wild

Default no oil coming up to rocker arm area

I got a old 1992 model 804 (I think) golf cart with a 290 robins engine that had been sitting some time. Checking it out had low compression about 90 psi. Purchased a rebuild kit piston rings rods gaskets etc... Also got the manual to rebuild it. Took to motor shop where they measured the cylinder bores, crank journals, lobes and other things before I purchased the kit. They had the measurement part of the manual. I assembled as best as I can remember by the book. Put it back in the cart and went to check if the starter circuit would turn over. It did I thought great. Then I thought I have the valve cover off and no oil was squirting up there, it is full of oil. I wanted to know if I did not turn it over enough. Is there a way to make sure my pump is primed. Any info would be greatly appreciated. If have not turned it over any more since that 10 or so seconds. I used assembly lube and oil where it called for in the manual. i could have messed up or missed a step but, I have went back through the book and cant see where I did miss a step. Any help I must have omitted or done something. Thanks in advance
deaconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
ORTitan
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: no oil coming up to rocker arm area

Do let the engine crank longer to prime the oil pump. Do not let it start until the oil pressure light goes out.

With the system completely empty it will take a bit to lift oil into the pump.

The rocker arms get squirted with oil from passages in the valve cover. You should have oil come from a port in the top of the cylinder head when you are cranking.

Hope this helps!
ORTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would manually oil the top end before I ever started a rebuild.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
aintgotthis
Not Yet Wild

Is your valve cover on? I believe the oil goes through the valve cover. If it isn't on there, the oil will hit the roof. Believe me, I've done it, twice.
aintgotthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

With the valve cover off fill the oil passage to the valve cover with engine oil, this will prime the oil pump. If it doesn't have an oil light use a test light connected the the positive side of the battery and the white wire from the sender. Light will be on, crank the motor, the light should go out when you get oil pressure. Good luck
Bob
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO