lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #11
dan161
Getting Wild

Default Re: destroyed my clutch

I worked for a while at it with no success. Currently it's sitting there full of grease with a tremendous amount of pressure applied to it as I have the pulling bolt in the hole as tight as I could get it. Hopefully the hydraulic pressure over night will pop it loose.

If i smack the end of the bolt after I have it in all the way won't it just make it even tighter on the shaft??
dan161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #12
sonnyhooper
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

No the smacking shouldn't make it tighter but instead jar it loose. The crank is hard steel and as long as the rebar wasn't smaller than a1/2" you should be ok. They can be a real pain. Let your compressor build full pressure then let it hammer away. Try hammer once and a while it will come off. So far it sounds like you havent hurt the clutch yet.
sonnyhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #13
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can also pull the bolt back out and put more grease in. If there is no grease squeezing out, then there is not enough in there. Putting the in until you run out of thread is packing the grease and pushing out the air.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #14
dan161
Getting Wild

Thank you everybody for all your advice. I was able to get the clutch of today and make repairs that were needed and get things back together. Strange tho.... I ended up taking my high torque spring back out of the driven clutch and went back to stock spring. Is was revving to high and not picking speed up fast enough. In the process of beating and banging on things something must have changed. The only thing that concerns me now is I've seemed to pick up a vibration in one of the clutches I think at about half way to full speed. I'm not sure and I can't see anything that is running off center or causing the vibration.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #15
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Have the motor mounts been changed? When they get old they get a little dry rot and mushy. That will cause mid range vibration. My 90 had the same vibration, new mounts, problem solved.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #16
dan161
Getting Wild

Yep they are relatively new. Didn't have the vibration before I started this whole clutch fiasco.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO