lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
panamaguy
Not Yet Wild

Default new thread?pully size

Hey Lou,and anyone else,my new s/g has a smaller diameter pully than the old s/g.The belt groove is the same but if I put on the old pully I can only get a couple of turns on the nut and no lock washer.Any ideas? Thanks
panamaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: new thread?pully size

If you look at your old s/g remove the woodruff key then you'll find a spacer. Do the same to the new one and see if they are the same size (length) you may have to use the old spacer on the new s/g to get the spacing correct. Report back

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
panamaguy
Not Yet Wild

OK,so the old s/g has 3 screws that hold the cover to get to the spacer,the new s/g doesn't have those screws,it looks like the rear cover is held on by a snap ring.I've tried using a small piece of wire to get to the ear on the snap ring but there isn't enough room between the armature and the rear cover to get it off,so I'm thinking that that ring doesn't hold the rear cover on.I tried tapping the cover with a hammer but don't want to go to hard on that cast aluminum plate.Whats my next step?Thanks!!!
Old 09-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

Look close on the pulley end of the armature you don't have to do anything but remove the pulley and woodruff key the spacer just slides over the armature shaft. Post a pic if you can't figure it out OK???
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
panamaguy
Not Yet Wild

Red face Re: new thread?pully size

OK gotcha,the hew s/g doesn't have a spacer.My old pulley won't slide in far enough to put on the lock washer and nut,I can only get 2 turns on the nut and that's without the washer.Any problem using the new pulley witch is a 1/2" smaller diameter? The grove for the belt is the same size and the overall length with new pulley on is the same as the old set-up.Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO