lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2017, 04:31 PM   #11
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Input Shaft Replacement

no gasket, just silicone seal is fine. Motor oil or gear oil is fine. If you had no oil at all, you may have more problems down the road. Id put gear oil in it at this point.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2017, 10:17 PM   #12
Downtown
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, got the plate put back on and need to get the input shaft seal tomorrow as I messed it up a bit taking it off.

I'm kind of worried about more issues as well. I'm not sure what the ring gear is supposed to look like. The input shaft gears that wear stripped were not worn down much, maybe 1/8".

I bought this 4 years ago from a shop that refurbishes them with lifts, etc. Hard to believe it ran that long with no oil? And still not sure what the powder is?
Downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:37 PM   #13
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you get all the powder out? The powder may be what used to be teeth on your input shaft.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:02 PM   #14
Downtown
Not Yet Wild

Yes, poured it in a cup. There are some bigger shavings as well. Going out to finish it up (hopefully) now. I'm going to put 10 oz. of gear oil in it and hope for the best.

I'll try to post a picture later of the granulated teeth.
Downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:16 PM   #15
yourflorida
Not Yet Wild

Old post but I am in this project also, serious question.....

HOW can there be metal shavings in the gear case BEHIND those bearings. They should be in the motor side of the assemble since that has nothing at all in the way.

(great picture, my shaft is definitely worn down, looks smooth compared to that. The motor side is not perfect, but may be okay for my needs)
yourflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:08 PM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourflorida View Post
Old post but I am in this project also, serious question.....

HOW can there be metal shavings in the gear case BEHIND those bearings. They should be in the motor side of the assemble since that has nothing at all in the way.

(great picture, my shaft is definitely worn down, looks smooth compared to that. The motor side is not perfect, but may be okay for my needs)
Don't understand your question. Do you have metal shavings outside your rear-end, or are you asking about the two year old post who had metal shavings inside his rear-end? For the latter, usual wear and tear on the gears. Former, stripped input shaft?

It's better to keep one problem to one post. Copy quotes from as many posts as needed, but it's easier for us and you.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:26 PM   #17
yourflorida
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for the confusion....

I was trying to picture input shaft shavings getting inside the pumpkin....
past the bearings and seal.

Not important.
yourflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:54 PM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Did you get all the powder out? The powder may be what used to be teeth on your input shaft.
No, the powder is what used to hold the teeth on the input shaft. You need to reuse it, like Fix-O-Dent.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:34 PM   #19
jpitts6328
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinkruty View Post
remove seal,remove snapring,grasp input shaft with pliers and wiggle sprly. It will pop out but you must tilt it to clear the gear it meshes with. Drop your lower diff cover and clean it all up. Yes,every bearing and surface is contaminated with metal if the gear failed. Nothing short of complete disassembly and cleaning will get it all out. I just did an input shaft and axle on a MPT1000.
Can this be done with axle still on or does it have to be moved? Thanks
jpitts6328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO