lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2018, 09:22 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent stuttering and won't move?

The Regen Diode goes across the Solenoid big posts, our site sponsors are aware of this new requirement for the XCT on a Precedent and that is why I suggested you use a sponsor to purchase the Solenoid.

You can call Alltrax and ask them if they can send you one.

The OBC still plugged but not being used for charging can cause strange XCT Controller power down problems.

Since You have a "smart charger", there is no need for the OBC and since You also have an Alltrax XCT Controller, there is not even a need to jump any wires on the OBC connector.

First change Alltrax XCT "charger lockout setting":
Open the Alltrax Toolkit software and click on Tools then Options.

Make sure you have a checkmark on the "Show Charge Interlock".

Go to the "Controller Settings" Tab and scroll all the way to the bottom of that page.

Change the option: "Disable the Motor Controller when User3 is:" to "High/Low"

Click the "Set" button (on the left of the Program) to save the settings

Disconnect the 6-pin connector and all wires that connect to the OBC.

Remove OBC from the cart.

Make sure the negative wire from the charger receptacle goes to either the pack negative battery post or to Controller B-.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2018, 11:58 AM   #12
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since you said you have an Alltrax controller I'm thinking you might have the old stock controller laying around. The simplest way to rule out the controller is to replace it with the stock controller. Hopefully you still have it.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:34 PM   #13
spuzio
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The Regen Diode goes across the Solenoid big posts, our site sponsors are aware of this new requirement for the XCT on a Precedent and that is why I suggested you use a sponsor to purchase the Solenoid.

You can call Alltrax and ask them if they can send you one.

The OBC still plugged but not being used for charging can cause strange XCT Controller power down problems.

Since You have a "smart charger", there is no need for the OBC and since You also have an Alltrax XCT Controller, there is not even a need to jump any wires on the OBC connector.

First change Alltrax XCT "charger lockout setting":
Open the Alltrax Toolkit software and click on Tools then Options.

Make sure you have a checkmark on the "Show Charge Interlock".

Go to the "Controller Settings" Tab and scroll all the way to the bottom of that page.

Change the option: "Disable the Motor Controller when User3 is:" to "High/Low"

Click the "Set" button (on the left of the Program) to save the settings

Disconnect the 6-pin connector and all wires that connect to the OBC.

Remove OBC from the cart.

Make sure the negative wire from the charger receptacle goes to either the pack negative battery post or to Controller B-.
I had the OBC disconnected and tried it connected to see if it helped... with no luck. I will remove the OBC regardless.

I purchased my alltrax and solenoid originally from ScottyB from Carts Unlimited. I even bought my replacement solenoid, thinking that was the issue from ScottyB.

So are you telling me i should buy the Diode now? Resistor also?

Should i also test removing the Blue-White wire from the solenoid and jump it to the pack negative to see if the solenoid engages?
spuzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:48 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am not sure if You are making any of the required changes between the plugged and unplugged OBC tests.

The OBC "by-pass" instructions that we have on the stickies are for use with the factory Curtis Controller or an Alltrax and involve jumping the Blue and White wires on the connector.

Specifically for the Alltrax XCT, You can just change the setting I mentioned in the Alltrax software and not jump the Blue and White wires on the OBC 6-pin connector.

If You have the OBC unplugged and no wire jumper, then the setting needs to be on "High/Low" or it will not work.

Did You ask Scottyb for the Regen diode when you ordered the new Solenoid? That Solenoid has many uses and he would not know You needed one unless asked.

Jumping the blue/white wire to negative will not prove anything other than the Solenoid closes if voltage is applied, it does not mean the Controller is bad unless you make sure the controller is getting all the signals it needs to activate the Solenoid.

Follow either one of the OBC "by-pass" procedures described and then run the Alltrax monitor.

Look for the values related to:
Charger not plugged.
Key switch ON.
Pedal input ON when you depress the pedal.
HPD satisfied.
Voltage before and after pedal press.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:33 PM   #15
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Should i also test removing the Blue-White wire from the solenoid and jump it to the pack negative to see if the solenoid engages?
If you do this you should be able to drive your cart around like nothing is wrong. UNTIL you get a solenoid welded shut error. This is assuming you still have the original problem of the Club Car stuttering.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:17 PM   #16
spuzio
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I am not sure if You are making any of the required changes between the plugged and unplugged OBC tests.

The OBC "by-pass" instructions that we have on the stickies are for use with the factory Curtis Controller or an Alltrax and involve jumping the Blue and White wires on the connector.

Specifically for the Alltrax XCT, You can just change the setting I mentioned in the Alltrax software and not jump the Blue and White wires on the OBC 6-pin connector.

If You have the OBC unplugged and no wire jumper, then the setting needs to be on "High/Low" or it will not work.

Did You ask Scottyb for the Regen diode when you ordered the new Solenoid? That Solenoid has many uses and he would not know You needed one unless asked.

Jumping the blue/white wire to negative will not prove anything other than the Solenoid closes if voltage is applied, it does not mean the Controller is bad unless you make sure the controller is getting all the signals it needs to activate the Solenoid.

Follow either one of the OBC "by-pass" procedures described and then run the Alltrax monitor.

Look for the values related to:
Charger not plugged.
Key switch ON.
Pedal input ON when you depress the pedal.
HPD satisfied.
Voltage before and after pedal press.
Ok... So realize i misread your original post, and will try and answer as best i can...

For the OBC the 6 pin connected is/was disconnected. The black wire goes directly to my battery pack negative. i also have the blue wire and white wire connected. This is how is was setup and working for the past 10 months.

For today...

In the alltrax software i made the change to the system to high/Low under the user3 battery settings. (Do i still need to do this if i have bypassed the OBC?)

With the monitor on, i see the petal input/throttle registering with no issues.
HPD switches from true not pressing the petal to false when i press the petal
Voltage before and after the pedal is pressed is the same.

How can i test to see if the controller is broken... as i think this is really the issue at this point.

I also ordered the REGEN Diode from ScottyB.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:32 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry but I think we still have a miscommunication.

If You have the Blue and the White wires jumped on the OBC 6-pin connector, then You need that Alltrax setting as "Floating/NC".

If You look at the monitor screen, as You described your current setup, the Alltrax monitor screen should be indicating the "Charger is Plugged In", which means the cart will not run.

Also, I think that Monitor option is "HPD Satisfied", so a "false" would be a no go.

Any error flags?

If You can upload a screenshot of the monitor screen with the pedal down, we can make sure all of the signals and voltages are present to the Controller so it can operate.

Make sure you have a rear wheel OFF the ground as You need to be on Forward with the Key ON to get the proper results.

That Controller is under warranty, so if it is defective Alltrax will take care of it and I assume they will ask You for similar information.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:18 PM   #18
spuzio
Not Yet Wild

Sergio

Thank you for your help.

I switched the alltrax settings back to Floating/NC.

Now looking at the monitor...

HPD Satisfied = true

When i try and move the following flags trip....

Shutdown.... Precharge fail... low battery
Old 02-27-2018, 10:33 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does the "Relay Status" come ON before the error flag?

The capacitors should charge from pin #9 on the Controller 16-pin connector (pack voltage on that pin).

Just to make sure, no resistor on the Solenoid big posts and the Tow/Run 12ga power is on the big post on the Battery Side right?

What is the voltage on the Alltrax Monitor?
Old 02-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #20
spuzio
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Does the "Relay Status" come ON before the error flag?

The capacitors should charge from pin #9 on the Controller 16-pin connector (pack voltage on that pin).

Just to make sure, no resistor on the Solenoid big posts and the Tow/Run 12ga power is on the big post on the Battery Side right?

What is the voltage on the Alltrax Monitor?
Yes the Relay status turns on when i press the petal... before the error flags. If i exceed 10% throttle that is when it triggers the error flags.

Battery voltage on the monitor shows 50v and when it starts stuttering it will range from 42-48v

No resistor is installed on the solenoid big posts.

Run tow switch is connected to the Battery Pack Positive.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car