lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2019, 11:27 PM   #51
iainlbc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Identifying 2000 TXT EZGO Model, Increasing Speed/Torque, Fixing F/R switch

Hey guys, I swapped the A1/A2 cables today for the 2GA and no improvement!

I’ll have to start digging on the various bearings and swapping those out. Or pull the motor and inspect things there.

I changed the brake pads before this swap and there was no decrease in speed after so don’t think it’s pads rubbing.

Will get the alltrax stuff installed and get a screenshot soon, though scottyb programmed it so it’s likely set up optimally

Thanks for the continued advice and your time!

-iain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iainlbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2019, 11:29 PM   #52
iainlbc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Identifying 2000 TXT EZGO Model, Increasing Speed/Torque, Fixing F/R switch

Maybe it’s just time for a new motor, instead of going 48v? After the bearing things are eliminated?

We use it as a NEV, so I don’t want to sacrifice runtime for speed, maybe 42v how a couple of you guys have done is the way to go [emoji848]

Old 09-11-2019, 12:02 AM   #53
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainlbc View Post
Maybe it’s just time for a new motor, instead of going 48v? After the bearing things are eliminated?

We use it as a NEV, so I don’t want to sacrifice runtime for speed, maybe 42v how a couple of you guys have done is the way to go [emoji848]

I would go to full 48v. 6x8v batteries will fit in your tray. You will have to buy a new charger that is specifically for 42v anyways... and the 48v chargers are probably the same price.

In the alternative, you can put a battery under the passenger seat and one in the trunk or both in the trunk if you want to do an 8x6v setup. Your range on an 8x6v setup will be awesome. 6v batteries have more AH. I have a TXT 6 Seat Limo coming that has a 8x6v setup.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:02 AM   #54
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I wouldn’t get in too big a hurry spending money on a motor... 18-19mph ain’t bad

My cart did the 22 with brand new batteries fresh off the charger... fully inflated tires ... just a driver and no rear seat... stone stock configuration other than the Alltrax

I’m installing a rear seat tomorrow... I’ll let you know how it performs after the install
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:03 AM   #55
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolflt View Post
I wouldn’t get in too big a hurry spending money on a motor... 18-19mph ain’t bad
Excellent point. If you go over 20mph you really need to consider cart wobble etc... then you will spend more money on top of it all so you can have a cart that goes fast. (Front disc brakes... etc... never ends.)
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:07 PM   #56
iainlbc
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. Points well taken. Will chill out on the upgrades for now! I’d like to go up to 20 flatland but that’s about it, and climb hills a bit better.

I’ll read up on inspecting the state of bearings, motor and etc. for wear/inefficiencies

Old 09-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #57
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Pushing cart by hand can determine if there is an abnormally high amount of mechanical drag.

Find a stretch of level pavement, put Run/Tow in Tow and push cart. It weighs half a ton, so it takes a bit of oomph to get it moving, but once it is moving it shouldn't take much effort to keep it moving.

-------
A stock DCS motor in good condition will propel a stock DCS cart with stock height (18") tires at a bit over 20 MPH with a healthy 36V battery pack and it is a relatively high torque motor, so it is fairly good on hills up to about 14°.

Check motor with an Ohmmeter with cable disconnect from motor.
A1 -> A2 should read from about 0.2Ω to about 1.0Ω. (Actual value is in Milli-Ohms, but that is what it typically reads on most handheld DMMs)
F1 -> F2 should read from about 1.0Ω to about 2.0Ω.
A1 -> F1 must read OPEN
F1 to motor case must read greater than 5MΩ (5,000,000Ω)

Unless the motor has been serviced in the past few years, it will very likely fail the last two tests. Carbon dust from the brushes, which is conductive, coats the inside of the motor and provides an alternate electrical pathway through the motor. If enough carbon dust accumulates, the motor's performance can be reduced.

Take the motor to the local motor repair shop and have it serviced. (New brushes, new bearing and thorough cleaning.)

-----------
The oil in the differential more than likely needs to be changed. I use 75W90 full synthetic, others use a 80/20 mix of SAE30 motor oil/STP.

------------
With little exception, a 7x6v (42V) or a 8x6V (48V) pack will give you a better range than a 6x8V (48V) pack.

I went with a high capacity (245AH) 7x6V (42V) pack because I wanted a 30 plus mile range.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:16 PM   #58
SouthernFlyed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

As a newbie here who is updating and upgrading a 1997 TXT that was given to me, this post and all the responses and replies are priceless to an old man like me! Can't thank y'all enough for sharing this kind of info.

Just dropped the cart off at the shop where the changes will be made and after a complete go over, we'll get together to decide what to do to make this a cart I'll use for Sporting Clays & a grandmother/granddaughter limo around the neighborhood. In eastern NC, the places I shoot don't have many hills over 14 degree of rise, so I was really happy to see what a TXT would handle that, even if it slows down.

Already know we're going drop in lithium 36v package, new DCS F/R, new solenoid and possibly rebuild motor or replace, 4" lift (nursing 68 year old knees, new wheels and 20" tires, clays cart and vertical shotgun racks port & starboard.

Thanks again, can't tell y'all how much I've enjoyed this detailed and yet siple to understand post!!!
SouthernFlyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 09:36 AM   #59
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernFlyed View Post
As a newbie here who is updating and upgrading a 1997 TXT that was given to me, this post and all the responses and replies are priceless to an old man like me! Can't thank y'all enough for sharing this kind of info.

Just dropped the cart off at the shop where the changes will be made and after a complete go over, we'll get together to decide what to do to make this a cart I'll use for Sporting Clays & a grandmother/granddaughter limo around the neighborhood. In eastern NC, the places I shoot don't have many hills over 14 degree of rise, so I was really happy to see what a TXT would handle that, even if it slows down.

Already know we're going drop in lithium 36v package, new DCS F/R, new solenoid and possibly rebuild motor or replace, 4" lift (nursing 68 year old knees, new wheels and 20" tires, clays cart and vertical shotgun racks port & starboard.

Thanks again, can't tell y'all how much I've enjoyed this detailed and yet siple to understand post!!!
You are shooting yourself in the foot with a 36V battery pack, Li or otherwise.
Go to 48V or whatever the equivalent is with LI.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo txt 2000
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO