lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2019, 02:29 PM   #11
johnabell67
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV VS S4 48 volt for both

anyone have a way to reach bob, said his message system was full?
johnabell67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2019, 03:17 PM   #12
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Try sending a PM to "usgicollector" (Jeff I think). He seems to be tight with Bob and helps him out when his PM box is full. Bob is a busy man.

usgicollector frequently jumps in on threads like this so he might soon.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:52 PM   #13
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnabell67 View Post
anyone have a way to reach bob, said his message system was full?
Send me a pm with your name and a contact phone number.

Tell me all you want to ask Bob and I'll see that he gets it.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 10:40 AM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The 48V S4 is to be avoided like the plague! It has a 48V pack and a SepEx motor that requires 60V to take it to even 25 MPH. It was really designed to run from 72V, not 48V. The 72V S4 is AC drive and hauls tail. The RXV with a Curtis controller is a good choice. Just avoid the 2019 with OS 7.0 or newer. It's been hobbled by E-Z-GO and I'm not gonna waste my time doing reflashes back to an earlier OS. When their new RXV sales fall flat, they may rethink what they've done. Otherwise, install an older Curtis controller.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:35 AM   #15
johnabell67
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
The 48V S4 is to be avoided like the plague! It has a 48V pack and a SepEx motor that requires 60V to take it to even 25 MPH. It was really designed to run from 72V, not 48V. The 72V S4 is AC drive and hauls tail. The RXV with a Curtis controller is a good choice. Just avoid the 2019 with OS 7.0 or newer. It's been hobbled by E-Z-GO and I'm not gonna waste my time doing reflashes back to an earlier OS. When their new RXV sales fall flat, they may rethink what they've done. Otherwise, install an older Curtis controller.
thank you bob, thats the info I needed to hear is your inbox able to receive pms now?
Old 08-12-2019, 10:51 AM   #16
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

My inbox is not likely to clear any time soon. As I delete messages to make space, I get flooded with questions that can be asked in public threads. In other words, they are wasting my inbox space for routine questions. My inbox really needs be used for information that should not be posted openly. Like members names, phone numbers, and addresses. Most of the questions I'm being asked by PM is general information that I have posted in threads multiple times. Such as can I reprogram a particular cart or controller, the most common question. I'll get asked multiple questions from a single member, mostly new members that don't want to spend the time to search the forum to find answers that would be easy to find. I'm seriously thinking about ending my free controller reprogramming by mail service.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:24 AM   #17
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob, your generosity with your time and expertise is truly remarkable. I’ve always thought you should be at least charging for your time. Every time I see yet another excited “customer“ of yours, I quietly hope that guys are sending you a little something as a thank you.

I’ve actually been thinking about selling my cart and picking up an rxv. I’ve even considered just finding a Curtis controller and hoping you’d work your magic on it. Then I could keep it on the shelf and not rush selling my cart and finding an rxv suitable for a rebuild. Sounds like I had better hurry up. 😀

Thanks again for everything you contribute to this forum.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:49 PM   #18
johnabell67
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
My inbox is not likely to clear any time soon. As I delete messages to make space, I get flooded with questions that can be asked in public threads. In other words, they are wasting my inbox space for routine questions. My inbox really needs be used for information that should not be posted openly. Like members names, phone numbers, and addresses. Most of the questions I'm being asked by PM is general information that I have posted in threads multiple times. Such as can I reprogram a particular cart or controller, the most common question. I'll get asked multiple questions from a single member, mostly new members that don't want to spend the time to search the forum to find answers that would be easy to find. I'm seriously thinking about ending my free controller reprogramming by mail service.
i would have assumed it wasnt free anyway, we will be in touch i sent the one member my contact info
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO