lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2019, 04:36 PM   #1
hotairgypsy
Not Yet Wild

Default New to golf cart world and would love some guidance

Well this is my 3rd golf cart but my first to actually play with...I buy storage units for a living and the first 2 carts i bought they were flipped real quick and i never got a chance to really play with them due to me having a business partner...well i picked one up yesterday and it is all MINE to do what I want and I am very curious... I know it is a EZGO cart and it was the storage facilities cart they drove all over the place so i have some things to repair. I know the batteries are functional since it does go forward and backwards. I have not really tested it because

the brakes are scary. You hit the brakes and it dont want to stop. I knew i had some repairs to do so none of this bothers me. I have not decided to if it will be flipped or i am keeping it. When i had number 2 cart my 12 year old daughter and i drove it around the block it i thought this could be something cool to start to teach her the very basics of driving and it was cool to drive down to the gas station and get a treat.

SO have several questions...

1. Where do i start diagnosing the brakes. any schematics, etc

2. I believe mine is a 99. Is this a good year to go all out modify or should i look at a different base year to do my mods too. I would not be dropping millions into one but I could see possible lift, wheels n tires, maybe a wrap to update the lovely green,

3. what are the basics you all tend to do on these things...

i will upload some basic pics so you all know what i am starting with...the pic of the cart in the unit is what i had to go on before bidding...i can get all around pics as needed since i have picked it up...i got it cheap so before doing repairs figured i would chat with u all so i do it right the first time..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190829_070713.jpg (212.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190829_130235.jpg (204.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 107487-photo-1-736.jpg (110.9 KB, 0 views)
hotairgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2019, 05:48 PM   #2
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to golf cart world and would love some guidance

Welcome and good luck!

Using the serial # on ezgo's site does show me you cart id.

Here is a website for ezgo brakes

https://www.ezgogolfcartguide.com/re.../brake-system/
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotairgypsy View Post
SO have several questions...

1. Where do i start diagnosing the brakes. any schematics, etc

2. I believe mine is a 99. Is this a good year to go all out modify or should i look at a different base year to do my mods too. I would not be dropping millions into one but I could see possible lift, wheels n tires, maybe a wrap to update the lovely green,

3. what are the basics you all tend to do on these things...
FIRST OFF....I ran the serial number and it doesn't come up in EZGO database, that's because they don't have complete records. BUT YES its a '99.

what we need to know is what type of drive system it is. SERIES/SEPEX/DCS

look at the pic below and tell us what you have.

your questions:
1. you can go to the sticky's and grab the owners manual AND the service manual. our carts have standard drum brakes....just like cars had from many years, only thing that's different is they are cable operated vs. hydraulic. you can find all you need to know in the service manual.

2. yes its a good base model to work with.

3. before you start buying stuff for it, other than maybe brake parts....you need to develop a END GAME plan, as to what you want to be able to do with your cart and the correct parts needed to achieve that end goal.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 01:41 AM   #4
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

As usual, Sir Nuke hit it on the head: know what you want. I have 2 beater G2 gas Yamahas that do just what I need , and a gas EZGO, that I built, that is of no use to me!
All you need is here - Welcome !
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 07:00 AM   #5
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Glazed brake shoes & drums are a common issues we see. Broken or out of adjustment cables are also factor to evaluate, EZGO brake shoes are easy to change compare to the Club Car,
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:08 PM   #6
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Did you look in the stickies at beginning of this section to download manual?
Can be helpful.
Also when it comes to brakes there are several adjustment that must be done in order stated in manual after all parts are determined good.
Frozen brake cables are a common problem as LabRat mentioned.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO