lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2019, 06:10 PM   #1
SangerRXV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Can the RXV be greatly simplified? Who

New to the forum I have a 2009 RXV that won’t run. The batteries are 2016, but somehow drained down to about 12 V total, my cart mechanic got the battery level back up to 50 volts but he says his scan tool won’t read anything on the cart.

The mechanic suggests it could be five or six hours to diagnose the problem, and then potentially $1500 or more if the controller is the problem.

My cart is very rough so he is offering $800 in trade toward a 2016 which would be $4500 out the door. The 2016 is very nice so it’s a nice upgrade but it won’t be after a year at the farm.

To get to the question, with the RXV being so complicated to diagnose and expensive to repair, is there a way to “strip” away the problems and just get down to the basics? Batteries supply power, motor turns the wheels, controller in between? I know I’m over simplifying, just looking for a way to make the cart more user friendly to shade tree mechanics that don’t have the diagnostic tool that doesn’t always work anyway.
SangerRXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2019, 06:49 PM   #2
Dave1888188
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Can the RXV be greatly simplified? Who

Honestly I love mine for the neighborhood. I have txt's at the hunting camp. Too many sensors and only having engine braking doesn't hold up for me off road and in dusty conditions.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Dave1888188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:09 PM   #3
SangerRXV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can the RXV be greatly simplified?

Good feedback Dave. The first cart we brought home to the farm was a 36v Ezgo, not sure which model but it didn’t have enough torque to navigate the hills so the seller recommended the RXV for hill climbing torque. We didn’t try the 48 volt TXT cart.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:22 PM   #4
Dave1888188
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Can the RXV be greatly simplified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SangerRXV View Post
Good feedback Dave. The first cart we brought home to the farm was a 36v Ezgo, not sure which model but it didn’t have enough torque to navigate the hills so the seller recommended the RXV for hill climbing torque. We didn’t try the 48 volt TXT cart.
Man the 36 volt will work with an upgraded controller. The navitas controller will give you torque and speed. You can set it either way or both.

Old 09-18-2019, 12:53 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I totally wrote out a simple novel about this for your question, when I submitted it, my lame internet lost connection & deleted it all. Maybe I'll redo it again tomorrow, but not typing it on my phone again today. Sorry.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:57 AM   #6
SangerRXV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I totally wrote out a simple novel about this for your question, when I submitted it, my lame internet lost connection & deleted it all. Maybe I'll redo it again tomorrow, but not typing it on my phone again today. Sorry.
I hate that! I’m doing this on my phone as well it’s a mess. See the random “Who” in the thread title?

I spoke with the mechanic/technician this morning and he said my cart is good to the solenoid (clicks) but nothing from the controller so that is why he suspects the controller might be the issue, and since his diagnostic tool works off of the controller he can’t diagnose the problem. He suggests having the Danaher rebuilt or at least tested by a rebuilder so that is my next step. My question of the day is to whom shall I send this controller for diagnosis and repair?
Old 09-18-2019, 10:09 AM   #7
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Send your controller to fsip. They have a exchange program, i just looked into it last night.
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:45 AM   #8
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

In recent months we sent 2 Danaher to FSIP for repair, no issue. They do a great job & stand behind their work. They provide an affordable option, however it is still a Danaher...I am a Curtis groupie myself :)
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #9
SangerRXV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Looking at the exchange program it’s $720 for my controller if I looked it up correctly. It’s not too far of a stretch up to the Navitas 600 amp controller which I think will give me diagnostics that I can read myself as well as tunability. Is this a step toward simplification of the RXV or does it just have its own set of problems?
Old 09-18-2019, 10:48 AM   #10
Dave1888188
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SangerRXV View Post
Looking at the exchange program it’s $720 for my controller if I looked it up correctly. It’s not too far of a stretch up to the Navitas 600 amp controller which I think will give me diagnostics that I can read myself as well as tunability. Is this a step toward simplification of the RXV or does it just have its own set of problems?
I have a 350 curtis but I just installed a Navitas on an 08 RXV that had a danaher and it is nice.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO