lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2019, 01:26 PM   #11
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor Heat Sinks

I managed to pick up 4 of these:
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E1683518...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

in a different brand but basically the same.

I was going to use them with some thermal paste on the field coil bolts on the side of the motor and put a fan on them. But I never got around to doing any of that... All those supplies are still sitting in a cardboard box in my garage.

I also picked up some normally closed thermal switches that can pass 10 amps. I figure I can use the 190 degree switches to turn on the fans and the 210 degree switches to sound an alarm. Those are also sitting in the cardboard box...

I do plan on doing this eventually. Maybe before the Christmas parade this year. We'll see...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2019, 03:10 PM   #12
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

what are you thoughts on venting the end cap. for example I have seen D & D motors that have the brush cover vented. my concern would be getting liquid or dirt into the motor, that would cause damage to the commutator or brushes.
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 05:06 PM   #13
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Venting is an option I would not want on an everyday motor that sees puddles or trails.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:46 PM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Yea, not a good idea at all. Moisture or water droplets inside of a hot motor would ruin it really quick.

The soviets used to make hydrogen (for their derigibles) by applying water droplets or mist to hot iron. The oxygen would bond to the iron through oxidation (rust) and the hydrogen gas would be released. The arcing brushes would ignite that hydrogen gas.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:57 PM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

So there is a whole load of stock westerns out there ready to go all Hindenburg? Awesome! (Many have the vented brush covers stock).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO