lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2019, 11:20 AM   #1
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

Default Horn problem

I have a intermittent horn problem. My horn switch is on the end of my turn signal. When I check voltage at horn with it disconnected I have 12 volts I checked horn with separate 12 volt supply and it works. When I push button most of the time horn only gives a very low sound and tail lights dim I don’t like just changing parts but I think it’s in the turn signal switch but not 100% sure any ideas would be appreciated before I just start changing parts. Sometimes horn works fine but very rarely

Thanks
Adam
Theflyinglineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2019, 02:49 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Horn problem

I seem to recognize that signal head, I think I quit buying them after only one order (and ensuing warranty claims) because they had a short term failure rate of 50%, with some not even working right out of the box.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:22 PM   #3
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I seem to recognize that signal head, I think I quit buying them after only one order (and ensuing warranty claims) because they had a short term failure rate of 50%, with some not even working right out of the box.
What do you recommend. I like this one because it has high low beams, and just like a car I can flash high beams by pulling it toward me
Old 09-19-2019, 11:29 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Uh, get a new one of those & deal with its quality issues? I don't know of another that has every feature you have become familiar with that's not a POS. Several places sell the same setup under different brand names, but it comes from the same plant (so the quality issues would be just the same). Yeah, we thought those would be real cool too, as a aftermarket alternative, we were also wrong. I have found no aftermarket light kits anywhere, for any brand cart, that matches the OEM kits. Every time a company comes out with a new one, they come give the biggest sales pitch ever (either in person, or via email), "All new! Highest quality plugs, highest quality this & that, best LEDs in the industry, super-dooper led power supplies that will really last this time, we swear!". It's always the same great song & dance, but the dance part is always disappointment in the end. There are many "cart rebuilders" around us who buy off-lease carts, fancy them up with a new body, add the cheapest lights possible, don't use DC/DC converters. They stack em up with a whole pile of the cheapest add-ons possible, and sell them for pretty good money. The part that gets me is those same people who "window shopped" us, then went & bought the cheapest rebuild they could find in a nearby city. Turn around and ask us "add turn signals & a indicator on the windshield post", "add fans", "add energy meter", "add -------”, all stuff they saw here before buying the cheapest thing they could find. They freak out when we have to make the system right to support these things they want, "too much money!". Where did they think the money we were asking for a cart in the first place went? (Maybe building it right in the first place). OEM light kits are more expensive, but, if you want to add stuff later, it's no hassle, and if you need parts, it's no hassle. The parts are proven to be good (I know for Ezgo & Yamaha at least, I don't know as much about Clubcar factory lights).

I do want to do business with anyone who wants to do business, don't get me wrong, but if a penny pinched is now costing a nickel, it is what it is.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:43 AM   #5
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Uh, get a new one of those & deal with its quality issues? I don't know of another that has every feature you have become familiar with that's not a POS. Several places sell the same setup under different brand names, but it comes from the same plant (so the quality issues would be just the same). Yeah, we thought those would be real cool too, as a aftermarket alternative, we were also wrong. I have found no aftermarket light kits anywhere, for any brand cart, that matches the OEM kits. Every time a company comes out with a new one, they come give the biggest sales pitch ever (either in person, or via email), "All new! Highest quality plugs, highest quality this & that, best LEDs in the industry, super-dooper led power supplies that will really last this time, we swear!". It's always the same great song & dance, but the dance part is always disappointment in the end. There are many "cart rebuilders" around us who buy off-lease carts, fancy them up with a new body, add the cheapest lights possible, don't use DC/DC converters. They stack em up with a whole pile of the cheapest add-ons possible, and sell them for pretty good money. The part that gets me is those same people who "window shopped" us, then went & bought the cheapest rebuild they could find in a nearby city. Turn around and ask us "add turn signals & a indicator on the windshield post", "add fans", "add energy meter", "add -------”, all stuff they saw here before buying the cheapest thing they could find. They freak out when we have to make the system right to support these things they want, "too much money!". Where did they think the money we were asking for a cart in the first place went? (Maybe building it right in the first place). OEM light kits are more expensive, but, if you want to add stuff later, it's no hassle, and if you need parts, it's no hassle. The parts are proven to be good (I know for Ezgo & Yamaha at least, I don't know as much about Clubcar factory lights).

I do want to do business with anyone who wants to do business, don't get me wrong, but if a penny pinched is now costing a nickel, it is what it is.
I also believe you get what you pay for. I always try to buy OEM. I thought this was the case with my turn signal
https://shop.txtsv.com/universal-gol...signal-kit-12v
Old 09-20-2019, 11:48 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Nope, PRO-FIT is their aftermarket parts line. It's true, even ezgo jumped on board slinging Chinese aftermarket garbage. Although the pro-fit chargers are rebadged DPIs.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:00 PM   #7
JBERGER
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well this is timely as I was planning to buy a full LED Kit with turn signals.

Wasn't looking at the ebay level of kit, but wasn't looking OEM either. Just to upgrade the existing lights to LED, and add turn signals to help my kids as they start learning to drive.

What is a good kit?
JBERGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBERGER View Post
Well this is timely as I was planning to buy a full LED Kit with turn signals.

Wasn't looking at the ebay level of kit, but wasn't looking OEM either. Just to upgrade the existing lights to LED, and add turn signals to help my kids as they start learning to drive.

What is a good kit?
Well, it would be great to know what you own..... And what/who's lights are in there now?
Old 09-22-2019, 08:41 AM   #9
JBERGER
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Well, it would be great to know what you own..... And what/who's lights are in there now?
2010 RXV, former Fleet cart with unknown headlights and tail lights, pull knob for on/off.

Thanks!
JBERGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO