lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2019, 07:09 PM   #1
ulmfan05
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Post Replacing several parts and 2000 EZGO TXT still won't move

This one is a mystery for me folks. Rode our 2000 TXT one evening, parked it in the garage and put it on charge...next day, cart won't move. Solenoid clicked and that was it. So that's when I started working on it and replacing things.

New parts/fixes:
New solenoid, new controller (standard 350 amp), new ITS behind front pedal, replaced all battery cables on top of batteries (5 or 6 in total) from 6 gauge to 4 gauge, replaced plug on PowerWise charger and receptacle on cart...charges fine.

Tested all batteries separately and getting 6.5 volts each. Tested entire pack and getting 39 volts...batteries appear to be fully charged and stay charged.

As of today, after all new parts and checking wires as best as possible, the cart won't move at all. Solenoid just clicks...gotten nowhere in over a week and hundreds of dollars in parts.

What in the world could it be? Motor gone bad possible? Only major parts I haven't replaced was F/R switch or the motor. REALLY hoping it's not the motor. I thought it would be really strange if the motor just quit like that, esp. after working fine for so long.

HELP!!!
ulmfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2019, 07:15 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Replacing several parts and 2000 EZGO TXT still won't move

F&r is easy to inspect, and a likely culprit.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:35 PM   #3
remedios
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulmfan05 View Post
This one is a mystery for me folks. Rode our 2000 TXT one evening, parked it in the garage and put it on charge...next day, cart won't move. Solenoid clicked and that was it. So that's when I started working on it and replacing things.

New parts/fixes:
New solenoid, new controller (standard 350 amp), new ITS behind front pedal, replaced all battery cables on top of batteries (5 or 6 in total) from 6 gauge to 4 gauge, replaced plug on PowerWise charger and receptacle on cart...charges fine.

Tested all batteries separately and getting 6.5 volts each. Tested entire pack and getting 39 volts...batteries appear to be fully charged and stay charged.

As of today, after all new parts and checking wires as best as possible, the cart won't move at all. Solenoid just clicks...gotten nowhere in over a week and hundreds of dollars in parts.

What in the world could it be? Motor gone bad possible? Only major parts I haven't replaced was F/R switch or the motor. REALLY hoping it's not the motor. I thought it would be really strange if the motor just quit like that, esp. after working fine for so long.

HELP!!!
Do you have the electrical wiring diagram? Voltage test in various points can possibly help you identify the issue...
remedios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:27 AM   #4
ulmfan05
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I’ve used various threads from the BGW site to troubleshoot as best as possible but I’m definitely not an expert in that arena. I appreciate any and all tips I can get!

I did test voltage at the solenoid and controller in several spots and all checked out. Voltage goes up and down accordingly in those places when I engage the solenoid, hold down the pedal all the way, etc. I did notice that on the motor itself (assuming I did it right) I was only getting 15 volts. What’s the best way to test the F/R switch and motor using a meter?
Old 10-09-2019, 01:13 AM   #5
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
I’ve used various threads from the BGW site to troubleshoot as best as possible but I’m definitely not an expert in that arena. I appreciate any and all tips I can get!

I did test voltage at the solenoid and controller in several spots and all checked out. Voltage goes up and down accordingly in those places when I engage the solenoid, hold down the pedal all the way, etc. I did notice that on the motor itself (assuming I did it right) I was only getting 15 volts. What’s the best way to test the F/R switch and motor using a meter?
with negative probe connected to B-, key on, pedal down, F/R switch in Forward, follow the circuit diagram and you should see pack voltage at controller B+, F/R Switch A, B, C, D, Motor A1, A2, S1, S2, and Controller M-. The point in the circuit where you stop getting pack voltage will indicate where the problem is.
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:38 PM   #6
ulmfan05
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Probed everywhere as described above and getting full pack voltage on the wires on top of the motor and F/R switch. The only place I get zero voltage is at the little orange wire terminal on the F/R switch but that may be normal. So if it isn’t the little orange connection the only thing that sticks out is possibly a dead motor maybe? Not sure if you can replace parts on that or best to go with a new one. Thanks all.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:03 PM   #7
joshthomas074
Not Yet Wild

im having a similar problem with my cart and i checked the motor last night by jumping 12v to it, had it spinning no problem. im leaning towards the controller since im getting 7v at the ITS. there is a youtube video on how to check the motor it was very helpful...
joshthomas074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:47 PM   #8
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Probed everywhere as described above and getting full pack voltage on the wires on top of the motor and F/R switch. The only place I get zero voltage is at the little orange wire terminal on the F/R switch but that may be normal. So if it isn’t the little orange connection the only thing that sticks out is possibly a dead motor maybe? Not sure if you can replace parts on that or best to go with a new one. Thanks all.
So you got pack voltage at M- on controller? If so, did you have pack Voltage at B- on controller with pedal down?

Internally the controller closes the circuit between M- and B-, adjusting voltage between the two (based on pedal input) to control motor speed.

I think if you have power to M- and none to B- then either controller is not getting proper signal to close or controller is bad.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:31 PM   #9
ulmfan05
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I got pack voltage in what appeared to be the right places, pretty much everywhere including B- and M-. Tried every new and pos combination imagine across the solenoid, controller, F/R...everything looks right, cart just not moving. I suspect something is up with the motor unless I’m totally misunderstanding here. Appreciate all the help and input so far.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:37 PM   #10
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
I got pack voltage in what appeared to be the right places, pretty much everywhere including B- and M-. Tried every new and pos combination imagine across the solenoid, controller, F/R...everything looks right, cart just not moving. I suspect something is up with the motor unless I’m totally misunderstanding here. Appreciate all the help and input so far.
Just to be sure I am following, you checked from each of those points back to main negative on the battery pack?

Tags
cart not moving, solenoid clicks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO