lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2019, 08:20 PM   #1
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Help with Two Speed Rear End for Extreme Cart

Hi All,

it has been years since i have posted. Been though a divorce, 2 kids and a number of other issues but i am finally ready to get my cart back.

I am currently running a 48v TXT with 1000a Altrax, Lifted, Converted to 1000a electronic solenoids and a two speed EMP limo motor. Long story short i got a new 48v pack of T-105 yesterday and looks like i need another new motor. I believe the brushes got stuck from sitting for 2 years. i usually go though a new motor every 2 years anyway.

my question is a while back i spoke with a company who would build a costume 2 speed rear end and work with the engine maker to get the specks exactly as i need them.

Can anyone provide any info on experience with the two speed rear end and also possible a link to manufacturer. as i recall it was a complete package unit with entire rear end and motor delivered on a pallet.

Thanks
Bob
rm2077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2019, 08:23 PM   #2
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with Two Speed Rear End for Extreme Cart

I am also looking into an AC conversion if anyone can offer any information. i have driven a couple high speed AC carts and am not sure if 2 speed rear end or AC is the way to go.

Like everyone i need both torque for the woods and speed for the street. I am tired of killing motors every year or two.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:51 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Hpevs is a good source for AC conversion kits.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 09:08 AM   #4
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

renegadedistributing.com is one I ran across when I was looking into things for my build. They have two speed rear ends as well as 4wd kits. I have not taken the plunge, but I know there are other members on here who have gotten their rear ends, not sure about the 4wd kits.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:18 PM   #5
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
renegadedistributing.com is one I ran across when I was looking into things for my build. They have two speed rear ends as well as 4wd kits. I have not taken the plunge, but I know there are other members on here who have gotten their rear ends, not sure about the 4wd kits.
i just got a new 48 v pack last week and my motor needs replacing. i am running an EMP limo 2 speed motor but i generally burn them out ever 1-2 years. i have 1000a everything at 48v.

i saw a post with a member running a two speed emp on the the speed axle but i am not sure if i should go this route or go with a new motor.

second and most important questions how much height does this add when compared to stock axle. on my cart i have a custom welded aluminum mount just above the motor that hold my Altrax and all wires are made to end at this location. i have about 2 inches between motor and mount for altrax. any helpis apreciated.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:43 AM   #6
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well I can not answer those questions. I have not gone with it...yet. Could not see spending that kind of coin before knowing if it was really needed for my purposes. Until I get my acreage and see what my current setup can handle, I'm sticking with what I have. After I get my acreage and see what it can do, then I'll consider going with the 2 speed axle.

Here is a thread I started and another member who has the 2 speed axle talks about it a bit. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...-up-cc-ds.html He is still active on this forum. You could try PMing him and see if he will offer some insight. I'd be interested in learning more as well. So if you do get more information, I hope you will share it in a thread.

I know there are a couple other members on here with the axle. If I can find their threads, I will link to them as well. Here is one thread I found: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-rear-end.html

Hope this helps!
Old 12-18-2019, 10:12 PM   #7
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Well I can not answer those questions. I have not gone with it...yet. Could not see spending that kind of coin before knowing if it was really needed for my purposes. Until I get my acreage and see what my current setup can handle, I'm sticking with what I have. After I get my acreage and see what it can do, then I'll consider going with the 2 speed axle.

Here is a thread I started and another member who has the 2 speed axle talks about it a bit. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...-up-cc-ds.html He is still active on this forum. You could try PMing him and see if he will offer some insight. I'd be interested in learning more as well. So if you do get more information, I hope you will share it in a thread.

I know there are a couple other members on here with the axle. If I can find their threads, I will link to them as well. Here is one thread I found: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-rear-end.html

Hope this helps!
i sure appreciate the help. i was having a hard time finding much info on them. i have been looking at the two speed for several years now. do not need 4wd just something that will hold up to anything i can throw at it. Going though motors every 1-2 years this may pay for itself it it will hold up.

i put in a call to distributor today and they are going to send me some specks by e-mail so i can see if it will fit. as long as it does not mount the motor much higher it may be a solution to my constant motor issues.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:13 PM   #8
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i was also wondering if i can use my disk breaks on the two speed axle. i would hate to go back to drum breaks especially with a faster two speed axle.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:54 AM   #9
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm2077 View Post
Going though motors every 1-2 years this may pay for itself it it will hold up.

i put in a call to distributor today and they are going to send me some specks by e-mail so i can see if it will fit. as long as it does not mount the motor much higher it may be a solution to my constant motor issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm2077 View Post
i was also wondering if i can use my disk breaks on the two speed axle. i would hate to go back to drum breaks especially with a faster two speed axle.
I'd be interested to hear this information when you get it from the distributor. What GC are you putting it in?
Old 12-19-2019, 09:02 AM   #10
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've got the situation as you, as far as the controller being placed over the motor. Here is the best picture I have that I can find right now.

mockup1 - Copy.jpg

So I'll be very interested to find out how much higher the motor would be with their axle...

Tags
extreme cart, rear end, two speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO