lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2020, 10:21 PM   #1
Tsan
Not Yet Wild

Default Powerwise charger help

Im new to carts so bear with my lack of knowledge. I have all new batteries in my 36 volt ezgo, and it takes a full charge no issue. My question is in regards to my powerwise charger. Is it supposed to kick back on if the voltage drops below a set point? I have a parasitic drain on the batteries that i haven't found yet so im making sure things are on the up and up.
Tsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2020, 11:10 PM   #2
coreyx64
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Powerwise charger help

If it’s an electronic charger manufactured by Delta Q, the charging algorithms programmed into those units has a maintenance mode so long as the cart is kept connected to AC power.

I’m not entirely certain on the older core and coil non-electronic design. I would imagine not so, but someone else might be able to chime in on that.
coreyx64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:46 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsan View Post
Im new to carts so bear with my lack of knowledge. I have all new batteries in my 36 volt ezgo, and it takes a full charge no issue. My question is in regards to my powerwise charger. Is it supposed to kick back on if the voltage drops below a set point? I have a parasitic drain on the batteries that i haven't found yet so im making sure things are on the up and up.
There are several models of Powerwise chargers out there, which one do you have?

The first two do not automatically come back on once the charge cycle completes. The third one (PW-QE) supposedly has a maintenance mode, but I've heard it doesn't work.

------------
Lead-acid batteries self discharge at about 1% SoC per day, how fast are your batteries draining?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PW charger - Faceplate.JPG (447.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PW-II charger.JPG (40.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg qe1xy4.jpg (28.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:53 AM   #4
Jaybro130
Not Yet Wild

I have a Powerwise charger (Delta, I think) that came with my cart bought from a dealer. They told me that once the battery is full, it will not act as a battery tender once the voltage drops below a certain amount. I have to unplug it and plug it back in again to re-initiate the charging process. I tried using a wifi plug with a schedule, but it does not seem to work. I still have to unplug/plug again. It does not seem to have a trickle mode. Or does it have one and I just don't see it. Any ideas? or should I look at a another charger. This is our first cart. TIA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charger.JPG (45.6 KB, 0 views)
Jaybro130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:14 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That charger in the pic is a SC-48. It does not have any "trickle" or "float" mode. And, even if it claimed to come back on as needed, I wouldnt trust it as far as I could throw it. (But, "throwing it" in the nearest dumpster is an idea I like). Those are just the horrible QE charger wearing new lipstick.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:35 PM   #6
Jaybro130
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply cgtech...Acceptable replacements that have a trickle option?
Jaybro130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36volt, battery, charged
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO