lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2020, 11:08 PM   #1
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo txt shoulder bolt size

In the service manual uploaded here in the stickies I found the shoulder bolt part number and size that I need. This is for the front bolt of the rear leaf spring bracket

Page K-2 Line 18 has part: # 14158-G1 SHOULDER BOLT, 3/8 - 16 X 3 1/4" LG .

However on the Ezgo site I find conflicting information

https://shop.txtsv.com/shoulder-bolt-7-16-14-x-3-1-4

This link has the same part number listed as a 7/16-14 x 3/14 bolt.

Which size do I need for a 2007 Txt PDS? And where could I find one in stock in person? Home Depot or Ace? Thank you
Conradconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2020, 12:30 AM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo txt shoulder bolt size

The diameter of the bolt is 7/16th turned down on the end to 3/8th. They call it 3/8th on some parts of shopezgo and 7/16th on other models but they all are the same on your 2007 back to the early 90's You don't use the bushing sleeve on the front ones. I just installed spring bushings today on a 2007 electric cart like yours but my front shoulder bolts were good.
I sort of doubt you will find one local . I have turned down a 7/16th grade 8 bolt on the end to 3/8th and used a 3/8 die on the it so it will go though the bracket. I also got a lathe to do this with though. You could drill out where it goes though to 7/16th but if you are like me you want it factory.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO