lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2020, 10:42 PM   #1
grinchoffl
Not Yet Wild

Question New 2009 Precedent owner needing assist on lift kit installed

Hey everyone,

Recently got a 2009 precedent IQ as a hand me down from my brother in law. Started upgrading parts and replacing oem items based on wear. My ask is related to the lift kit installed. The front is a ASM labeled kit but the rear setup is quirky imo and I need some validation from the seasoned vets here. Th ASM part # listed is 1025945 and doing a search got me zilch. For the rear setup I attached 2 pics for the connecting ends of the springs. Personally it has me questioning the weight being properly distributed with a full payload of riders and if this setup looks ok but is an old format? I suspect it's a 6" kit based on 23x12 tires and available clearance. Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Nick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200910_224312.jpg (121.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200910_223000.jpg (192.4 KB, 0 views)
grinchoffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2020, 12:14 AM   #2
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New 2009 Precedent owner needing assist on lift kit installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinchoffl View Post
Hey everyone,

Recently got a 2009 precedent IQ as a hand me down from my brother in law. Started upgrading parts and replacing oem items based on wear. My ask is related to the lift kit installed. The front is a ASM labeled kit but the rear setup is quirky imo and I need some validation from the seasoned vets here. Th ASM part # listed is 1025945 and doing a search got me zilch. For the rear setup I attached 2 pics for the connecting ends of the springs. Personally it has me questioning the weight being properly distributed with a full payload of riders and if this setup looks ok but is an old format? I suspect it's a 6" kit based on 23x12 tires and available clearance. Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Nick
The rear lift is a little odd to me. If it is a All Sports Manufacturing (ASM) it's a 3" lift. That's the only one I know about, from All Sports, that uses the shackle extension on the rear leaf spring. But, there should be an extension on both the front and rear end of the leaf spring. Yours appears to have it only on the rear end and that is odd to me. Having the extension only on the rear is making the leaf spring point down to the ground and there is no way that I can see that the leaf spring can work as it should. With a extension on both ends the leaf spring should be relatively level to the cart.
You need to ask your brother-in-law who installed that rear lift and why it was done that way. Perhaps it's not a All Sports. Still, I do no think it is installed correctly.

EDIT: Forgot to say that someone also added a extension to the top of the shackle. It should have bolted directly to the cart frame into the old shackle. The way it's done now the leaf springs sits even lower than it should in the rear.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:52 AM   #3
grinchoffl
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick chime in CCNorth....you aligned your thought with my concern also.....that install looks Fubar'd. It is an ASM in the front based on labels and parts but the rear extension has nothing i can reference. Sadly my bro in law has 0 clue on this since he bought it that way. Out of the gate the bushings are torn up too so TLC is in order here. Thanks again!
Old 09-11-2020, 08:15 AM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
The rear lift is a little odd to me. If it is a All Sports Manufacturing (ASM) it's a 3" lift. That's the only one I know about, from All Sports, that uses the shackle extension on the rear leaf spring. But, there should be an extension on both the front and rear end of the leaf spring. Yours appears to have it only on the rear end and that is odd to me. Having the extension only on the rear is making the leaf spring point down to the ground and there is no way that I can see that the leaf spring can work as it should. With a extension on both ends the leaf spring should be relatively level to the cart.
You need to ask your brother-in-law who installed that rear lift and why it was done that way. Perhaps it's not a All Sports. Still, I do no think it is installed correctly.

EDIT: Forgot to say that someone also added a extension to the top of the shackle. It should have bolted directly to the cart frame into the old shackle. The way it's done now the leaf springs sits even lower than it should in the rear.
CCNorth: Small correction above. Though instructions and picture on All Sports instructions show a shackle at front end. There is only the long extensions for the rear of the spring on the 3" kit. If there were shackles at both ends of the spring, the suspension would collapse, being hinged at both ends. One end must be anchored. IMO
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 09:29 AM   #5
grinchoffl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
CCNorth: Small correction above. Though instructions and picture on All Sports instructions show a shackle at front end. There is only the long extensions for the rear of the spring on the 3" kit. If there were shackles at both ends of the spring, the suspension would collapse, being hinged at both ends. One end must be anchored. IMO
PingEye3: I was basing my original statement off the instructions as well. It illustrates the application of (2) extensions and while it's not the case the cart is level on ride height. My fear is "was it done right" given my observation on how the weight distribution rest on the spring itself. I do know the bushings are trashed which are on order. The metal on metal clanking because of the available play will eventually result in a bust down the line.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car