lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2020, 12:23 PM   #1
LT4Ryan
Getting Wild

Default Onward vs. Tempo

Hey guys,

In solving for my braking issue on my Precedent, it turns out I have to buy a new pedal group and MCOR with conversion. Not a big deal, but when I told my wife what it costs she asked about just buying a new cart, since I have seemed to be working on ours a lot (we also want to install a backseat kit).

Went to my local guy today to just feel the water out, and he offered to outfit a really nice 2019 Tempo that came off a fleet with low hours for a price within my self-imposed budget. It pretty much has everything I am looking to do to my own Precedent. Lights, USB charger, premium seats, backseat, golf club rack, the whole deal.

The question is, are Tempos speed limited more than the Onward given that they are fleet cars? The cart is mainly used on my club course, but I'd still like to be able to do 16-20mph on the ride over.
LT4Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2020, 11:56 AM   #2
ecpchris
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Onward vs. Tempo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Ryan View Post
Hey guys,

In solving for my braking issue on my Precedent, it turns out I have to buy a new pedal group and MCOR with conversion. Not a big deal, but when I told my wife what it costs she asked about just buying a new cart, since I have seemed to be working on ours a lot (we also want to install a backseat kit).

Went to my local guy today to just feel the water out, and he offered to outfit a really nice 2019 Tempo that came off a fleet with low hours for a price within my self-imposed budget. It pretty much has everything I am looking to do to my own Precedent. Lights, USB charger, premium seats, backseat, golf club rack, the whole deal.

The question is, are Tempos speed limited more than the Onward given that they are fleet cars? The cart is mainly used on my club course, but I'd still like to be able to do 16-20mph on the ride over.
Depends what speed code the controller is programmed with. I imagine this guy can program code 4 if it doesn't already have it - good for 19mph.
ecpchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car