lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2020, 07:27 AM   #11
engine95
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: '92 DS 36v Resistor Cart upgrade order

Go with the Scottyb conversion. I just installed it on my '85 Club Car DS and its smoother and more powerful even at 36 volts. I ended up going with the D&D torque motor. Built my own 2gauge wires.
On the tests I've done, I've pulled a max of 274 amps (Alltrax monitor) climbing an 10%ish grade on 36 volts with 2 people and my dog.

On the scottyb conversion, you'll need to buy the whole kit to get the Go pedal. It uses a hall effect sensor, I believe. It's very smooth, no "switching" to different speeds.

Wiring the kit is very clean. 4 wires for the Go pedal and 3 wires for the Alltrax controller.

Mooncarter
I think this is the Vglide bypass https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...5&postcount=11

Edit: I think that hill was actually 15%-20% grade. I know the lawn mowers have to take it straight on. No side-hilling. For me either. haha
Also added a pic of scottb conversion with Go pedal and ammeter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9golf cart wiring done.jpg (207.9 KB, 0 views)
engine95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #12
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: '92 DS 36v Resistor Cart upgrade order

Yea the bypass was only a temporary thing until I did the controller upgrade. It just keeps the current out of the vglide at full throttle and provides a bit of piece of mind. We dont have hills here but I did have big tires and carry the family around a lot before I did controller upgrade and that bypass's the weak link in that system system.

When I did the controller upgrade I turned the vglide into the three wire voltage divider system and have been really happy with it thus far. Not quite a smooth as a mcor or pot box but its way more robust and there is probably not a repair I cant do on it that wont cost me $10-20 should it ever break.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car