lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
gatormeup
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default low torque in ezgo sparky

Just the other week, i took cart to go hunting, when i came back out of woods cart didnt want to go worth crap, no torque whatsoever... it ran fine getting there, then nothing for power when i tried to return home? If you can get cart rolling, it will eventually "get up to speed" but if you have any kind of incline, cart will not start off. I checked the pack and volts are good(38.6).... when you depress pedal all the way, it drops a little less than 1 volt, is this normal?? Any help would be greatly appreciated..I have also checked the pot box and it is working as should, resistance going up as you depress, to a little more than 5000 Ohms. Help please, i really need this cart to be functionable!!Thanks in advance for any help.....
gatormeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: low torque in ezgo sparky

Check all your batteries with a hydrometer and make sure they are healthy. Tug and twist all cable connections = make sure they are clean & tight.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
gatormeup
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

all connections are clean and tight, i did notice one of the hot(big) posts on the solenoid to be loose, so i tightened it back up. Also on same side you can tell it got hot because it melted the plastic around the post, but it appears to be working ok, is making clicking sound, and when checked from big to big with pedal depressed, i get 0 on my meter, meaning no voltage difference correct? I also noticed when you depress pedal at first, the leads going to the motor from the controller do not register close to pack voltage, around 6 volts actually, but if and when it does get up to speed, you read pack volts, is this normal? thanks
Old 12-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Is it a stock solenoid and controller?
Old 12-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
gatormeup
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

newer solenoid, but stock controller, and also in case asked, it does have lift and 22" tires, also cart is 91 year model.....
Old 12-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The readings you are getting are not normal... Do you still have an old working solenoid, you could swap just for grins? If the solenoid is good you have a controller or potentiometer problem.... possibly.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
gatormeup
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

will try it tommorrow!! Thanks for the suggestions!! Any more keep em coming, ill try it tommorrow also!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #8
jaslar12002
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

having the smae problem with my pds any updates on your situation will be greatly appreciated
jaslar12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

His cart and yours are very different drive systems. Start your own thread and give as much info about the cart and the problem as you can for best results.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO