lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
hardaway
Not Yet Wild

Default 30% off spay-in bedliner if you can help me

I have a 2000ish ezgo TXT I put a regular Jake’s lift on it, wheels, tires, back seat, and sprayed the whole thing with spray on truck bedliner material in camo, I was shocked how it turned out. I own a truck accessory business and you can get it done with most all the bedliners out there, its just a matter of if the store wants to fool with it or not or if you want to bring it to them taken apart. Either way I'd recommend it. My father bought it a while back and with no tech skills, so he got screwed.

It was bought from battery source, long story short, new batteries, new D&D # 1705020001 motor which was much beefier, so I upgraded controllers as well. Although my guy put the new controller in without a proper cover on it, so I have duct tape covering it right now, which is probably causing these problems.

The motor (I think) has been making an annoying clicking sound when I let OFF the accelerator. So naturally I am wondering if there is any type of gears in the lower gear case below the motor that would need oil, and if so, since the cover is on the bottom along with the plug, is there another point to fill it up at? And today, I push on the pedal and it started rolling like norm and then when I had the pedal about a third of the way down it started slowing down, and from that point on, the more I pushed down on the pedal the slower it went (or the more it seemed to struggle). It was almost as if the automatic brake system in the motor was engaging at the same time it was trying to go. Any suggestions? Sorry for the term paper of a post
hardaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: 30% off spay-in bedliner if you can help me

Look at this and tell us what drive system you have??

check you brake cables they might be to tight now from the lift, and making the brakes drag, jack up the rear and spin each tire, they should spin free

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
hardaway
Not Yet Wild

its a sepex regen PDS,
Old 10-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #4
hardaway
Not Yet Wild

and the rear tires do spin free, i just fixed all the braking last night.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #5
hardaway
Not Yet Wild

and while I am thinking about it, is the gear ratio that it is currently at, i think 12:44:1 maybe, the best for off-roading? not many hills, just flat and sometimes muddy areas. If anything I would like some more top-end speed, but dont know how much torque I would loose. Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #6
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

just thinking. on most newer controllers, you don't need that dust cover since they are sealed. some have cut off the lower part, but retained the upper part where the run/tow switch is. where is your switch mounted now?
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clicking noise, electric ezgo, motor help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO