lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
chicopopo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Brakes grab after 5" All Sports Lift install

Hey there everyone!
I just recently installed a 5" All Sports Axel drop lift kit on my stock 2000 electric Ezgo. The tire size is Swamp Fox 24x11x10 on alum wheeels. These tires were alot bigger then I wanted but at $300 brand new with new rims on Creigs list I had to get them. While test driving they were fine until you hit the brakes hard or all the way and they lock up causing a skid. The brake cable looks pretty stretched out to the max. Do I need to adjust something or try to pull some slack out to the rear drums?
Thanks!
chicopopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2011, 06:08 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Brakes grab after 5" All Sports Lift install

You are right, the cables are maxed and when you hit the brakes the axle rolls back pulling the cable that much more!!
You can make a new bracket or move the cable mount back at the pedal end to gain slack or you could swap brake backing plates from left to right, that puts the cable coming from the top which will give you slack.
But check clearance on leaf springs.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Does your Ezgo have a hanger bracket for the brake cable in the middle of the frame on the driver's side? Mine does, I had to take the cable off of that which gave me about another inch and solved my similar problem with my 6" lift.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
chicopopo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the info guys! I removed the driver side cable off the bracket in the middle of the cart and zip tied it to the bracket. I also found the adjuster like you said underneath and loosened it a bit. All together I gained about an inch and it solved it. Thanks again!
chicopopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO