lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default The rebuild begins...

Got home from work Friday and was welcomed by a trashed cart. My wife was riding in a feild and hit a whole. The impact through her from her cart and the cart proceeded to role down a large hill. Gaining speed it broadsided a tree and turned on its side. Just glad she was not hurt and the kids were not on board.

All the batteries were thrown from the cart (understand now why it is important to have hold downs). Roof is creased and canopy supports snapped. A portion of the rear body broke, speed control mount / heat sink broke, and the steel fram under the front of the seat bent. Most of, if not all of the wiring got trashed but the speed controler, F/R switch, and solenoid are in one piece. There is a crack on the top of the solenoid so will have to see about that. Also noticed the front axle bent.

Plan on putting everything back together but, of course could use some help and advise. Contacted Scotty B and he is sending be a new SC mount and hold downs. One of the battery posts stapped, I checked all the voltage and they are all around 6.3. Hoping to have the one post repaired, I think I remember reading here this could be done. Any advice here appreciated.

I have not had a lot of success finding the rear body and roof for sale on many sites. If someone could give me some advice on where to look for body parts I would appreciate it. The cart has a 5" drop axle lift, anyone now if I can buy just the front axle for this kit instead of all the other components.

Thanks
JMGreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: The rebuild begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGreco View Post
Got home from work Friday and was welcomed by a trashed cart. My wife was riding in a feild and hit a whole. The impact through her from her cart and the cart proceeded to role down a large hill. Gaining speed it broadsided a tree and turned on its side. Just glad she was not hurt and the kids were not on board.

All the batteries were thrown from the cart (understand now why it is important to have hold downs). Roof is creased and canopy supports snapped. A portion of the rear body broke, speed control mount / heat sink broke, and the steel fram under the front of the seat bent. Most of, if not all of the wiring got trashed but the speed controler, F/R switch, and solenoid are in one piece. There is a crack on the top of the solenoid so will have to see about that. Also noticed the front axle bent.

Plan on putting everything back together but, of course could use some help and advise. Contacted Scotty B and he is sending be a new SC mount and hold downs. One of the battery posts stapped, I checked all the voltage and they are all around 6.3. Hoping to have the one post repaired, I think I remember reading here this could be done. Any advice here appreciated.

I have not had a lot of success finding the rear body and roof for sale on many sites. If someone could give me some advice on where to look for body parts I would appreciate it. The cart has a 5" drop axle lift, anyone now if I can buy just the front axle for this kit instead of all the other components.

Thanks
Wow sounds like a wild ride.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's the battery post repair.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
WIN.308
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey bud pm me I have a bunch of stuff from when I rebuilt my cart, I have a roof, all supports, a rear body, stock controller, solenoid, a 3" drop lift axle, the bottom seat, make a list of exactly what you need, and we can go from there. Thank God no one was hurt.
WIN.308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Update, making out well ordering parts. Found used rear boby and roof coming from Indiana, a few things I can't find that I hope you guys can help with.

I have to replace the instrument panael, removed the floor mat to do that. There are two black plastic channels that hold a portion of the floor mat, on the angled portion of the floor board. Those got mangled while drilling out the rivots, can't seem to find them.

I know guys have found the plastic push on rivot / ratchet fastners on shopezgo but I can't seem to find them there.

I have never seen this but I am looking for a blank panel to infill the opening on the instrument pannel where golf balls go. I would like to put my toggel switches there

As always, all help appreciated.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #6
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Almost sounds like it would be cheaper to find another cart and move your upgrades to it! Wow! A friend of my Brother-In-Law's drove his cart off the side of a bridge into the creek below. Rumor has it that he may not have been perfectly sober that night...
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What are you trying to say?

The wife may have been tipsy???
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: The rebuild begins...

cab69440,

I thought about that, but after going through the numbers it probably would have been a wash. I didn't feel like surching for a suitable cart at a reasonable price and then having to dispose of the donor. I am hoping to be around $1200 - $1300 when all said and done. I bought my cart for $1500 and have been adding ever since, like we say, it is a sickness. At least I will know every inch of the cart when Humpty Dumpty is back together again.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That is the best part about going from the ground up

If you ever have to work on them you know A LOT more about them
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #10
eaglesdad1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry to hear your cart was trashed . Glad no one got hurt !!!!
eaglesdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO