lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 RXV rear end differential oil change advise / noise / grinding

Owner's, Parts, and Service Manuals:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

Dana Axle:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...5-28148g01.pdf
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #22
PinballDad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The last two posts have not helped. Only confused me more. One says no-yes-no (thanks for all that effort lol) and the post after has diagrams with brake shoes that obviously an RXV does not have:( It also contradicts the post before because it implies these bearings are press fit in. So maybe that PVC and 2x4 thing is needed to disassemble this bearing assembly?

I guess I should give up and call a local EZGO repair center. Actually no guessing. I do give up.

Thanks anyways and GL!
PinballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #23
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Sorry. Sometimes when posts go on for weeks, it's hard to keep track of the conversation. I didn't realize that an RXV didn't have a Dana axle.

Edit: Actually this post is a year old now. My memory isn't good enough to remember the whole history, and I ain't gonna reread every post from the beginning.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #24
bandcollector
Not Yet Wild

I didn't use the wood method to remove mine. I bumped them out with a small sledge against the hub. The bearing remained on the axle. I then busted it loose with the same big hammer. Warning don't over tighten the new bearings.
bandcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #25
grandpa1
Gone Wild

good morning friends. I have a neighbors 08 RXV in my garage trying to help fix it. It has a grinding noise when you go to stop. Sounds like gears or spline running across each other. Very weird. The axle bearings and seals are brand new.Hubs are tight seems like the noise is in the rear end.Any idea what could be going on? Also removed the diff cover and looked around and found nothing. We ran it on stands and it has kinda a gear clacking noise way up around motor input shaft area.
grandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #26
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would be real cautious in running a cart on jack stands as in I would not do it at all. Motors can over rev and burn up. Not sure about the AC drive system on RXVs and this issue but my neighbor burned up his TXT doing the same thing. Just a warning.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #27
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

The times I've done it, I apply brakes to simulate real world conditions to the motor and rear-end. I don't know if this is possible with an RXV, as their brakes are different.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #28
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

On the RXV if you touch the brake pedal it cuts power to the drive system. Basically the brake overrides the throttle which is nice when smaller kids drive as I can easily stop the cart by just pressing the brake it don't even have to engage to cut power.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #29
suffolklou
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I recently replaced the drivers side wheel bearing on my RXV and it was alot easier than I made it. You dont have to drain the Diff, although new fluid is a good idea while you are there. Remember to use the correct lube. It has to be for a limited slip gear set.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...mited-slip.pdf
suffolklou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:09 PM   #30
Paul08RXV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I did my diff oil a few weeks ago - I believe I used 22oz of synthetic 90-140 gear oil (quaker state) and 3 oz of limited slip additive

Replaced the bearing and oil seals also (oil seals were really hard to get out - actually used a puller slide hammer borrowed from local parts store) while the axles with bearings attached just slide right out by hand only pull.

When you buy the gasket in a tube stuff get the one that is made for gear oil applications.

AND NOW FOR THE NOISE thing...

I had what I thought was rear bearing noise too but it's still there after this project. No harm - a 08 RXV with gear oil and bearings replaced is still worthwhile considering the factory problem with the original lube. Now I realize it is most likely rear suspension and I'm guessing dry bushings either on the shocks, springs, or even the shocks themselves.

Any thoughts here and any 3rd party shocks that would be an upgrade?

Any comment on using heavy duty springs even though I don't have a extra seat?

thanks
Paul08RXV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
differential, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO