lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2014, 11:56 PM   #11
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Default Re: Charger receptacle install help

Lol please no. My head hurts

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2014, 12:01 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

UMmmm ........ I don't think he has solid-state speed control he said he has 89 to 94 36v it could be solid-state it could be resistor coil I just get a feeling that it's resistor coil does the charger plug have a polarity mark on it some carts do and some carts don't I'm thinking the negative terminal is on the drivers side so it would connect to the main negative also on the driver side and the other one the positive charge lead would connect to the main positive battery on the passenger side there are so many ways to skin this cat considering it is been a homemade 48v conversion and back to 36 that I'm not sure that the positive side of the chart receptacle is still used to supply the F&R micro switches and ignition.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:29 AM   #13
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

There are resistor diagrams there too. I figured the OP could use whichever is applicable
Old 02-19-2014, 12:34 AM   #14
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think rule # 11 applies here for members
My head hurts , but Scotty and Sunoco are the best ones to help you with your problem
Cheers!
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:47 AM   #15
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . just my WAG, but the terminal on the driver's side of the receptacle (wire #14) seems to go to the same point on the back of the F/R switch that the main positive from pack attaches (being used as a junction point for charger?) via the fuse . . . the passenger side terminal of the receptacle (wire #19) appears to go directly to the main negative of the pack . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:27 AM   #16
jake1031
Not Yet Wild

Wow Yall making my head hurt now lol yes this cart does have a resistor coil
when it come to electrical I am clueless
jake1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:32 AM   #17
jake1031
Not Yet Wild

I will get some picture when I get home this afternoon
Old 02-19-2014, 08:48 AM   #18
jake1031
Not Yet Wild

This is my what my setup looks like but the only diff is he put in a 48v charger receptacle thanks for all yawl help.
The black wire that come from receptacle does it have to go to a certain terminal on that lil black triangle pcs.
IS there any way to make this cart a lil faster with out spending allot of money
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VdlideWiringcolor.jpg (57.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-19-2014, 09:17 AM   #19
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1031 View Post
The black wire that come from receptacle does it have to go to a certain terminal on that lil black triangle pcs.
It goes inside the triangle pcs (Its called a v-glide). There should be a black wire with a bullet connector (as shown in the diagram) coming out of the v-glide. If there is you don't need to open it up
Old 02-19-2014, 09:31 AM   #20
jake1031
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks
So to make sure I am doing this correctly one wire will go to + terminal and one will go to the v-glide. sorry if I am being a pain just don't want to short anything out nor burn my house down.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car